Dutch Covers...

You may have noticed that for two weeks now I haven’t posted any Dutch Cover Alert posts. I still have a lot of Dutch covers to show you, but Wednesdays is a busy day for me. I have school from ten till five in the afternoon and when I’m home it’s near seven o’clock. I’m trying to think of another day that will be best for me to post the Dutch Cover Alert posts and I’m thinking about doing them on Mondays. I still haven’t decided, but anyway, I wanted to do something different today. There’s a lot of Dutch young adult books coming out each month and I wanted to show you my favourite covers among them.


Bitter Zoet by Simone de Jong: Bitter Sweet.
Joel by Carry Slee: Joel.
Tegen De Muur Op by Karlijn Stoffels: Against the Wall.
Dagboek van een klotejaar by Saci LIoyd : Diary of a bad year.

My favourite is Joel by Carry Slee. The girl looks tough and sad. I love that it’s so dark. I get the feeling that she wants to run away, but from what? Maybe a good mystery book.

Missie  – (20 september 2011 om 06:33)  

Wow! I'm loving all of those, especially the top two. They seem to be telling a story just with the picture.

Thanks for showing us, now I'm curious about these books.

Hope school is going well for you, Nina. :)

Mrs. Q: Book Addict  – (20 september 2011 om 06:34)  

These look really interesting and dark. I love seeing covers in different countries!

vvb32 reads  – (20 september 2011 om 06:55)  

i like joel too. i think because of the lettering.

Nina  – (20 september 2011 om 07:02)  

@Missie:You are very welcome. :)

@Mrs. Q:Book Addict: Me too! I agree the two first ones and the last one are very dark. Maybe a trend? :)

@vvb32: Yeah, that's pretty cool too.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 september 2011 om 07:04)  

All cool and sorta edgy. Thanks for sharing :)

Jenny N.  – (20 september 2011 om 08:12)  

The covers look great but I'm just wondering what the story's about.

Nina  – (20 september 2011 om 09:13)  

@Juju: Def. edgy. :)

@Jenny N: Next time I probably will post in a few sentences what they are about. :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (20 september 2011 om 09:18)  

I like them all- especially Joel. I love seeing what other covers look like. You have a crazy day on Wednesday with your classes. That's a long day- I remember how hard it was.....good luck with your semester!

Nina  – (20 september 2011 om 09:25)  

@Christina: A very long and tiring day. And on Fridays I have the same. Pfff.. ;) Thank you!

Lisa  – (20 september 2011 om 09:29)  

The top two are absolutely fabulous...If they were not in a different language I would gobble these up.

Blodeuedd  – (20 september 2011 om 12:31)  

Joel was my fav too :)

I hope you find a good day for posting

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 september 2011 om 12:56)  

I like Joel too. I also like Bitter Sweet! So nice. Thanks for sharing these!

YA Book Queen  – (20 september 2011 om 13:04)  

These covers rock! Especially Joel and that awesome font :)

Mimi Valentine  – (20 september 2011 om 13:42)  

Ooh, COOLNESS! I can't read Dutch (though I've always wanted to be bilingual) but those covers are so pretty!

Good luck with school, Nina! I know what you mean about being busy all the time (especially with running an awesome blog!), so I hope you're doing okay! :)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (20 september 2011 om 19:29)  

I agree, I'm lovin' the cover for Joel. It has such a nice, dark tint to it -- definitely adds some mystery. :)

Nina  – (21 september 2011 om 10:52)  

@Carrie & Blodeuedd: Yay! :)

@Melissa: Yeah, the first one is cool too. I like the font they used for the title.

@YA Book Queen: I totally agree. Loving that cover.

@Mimi Valentine: Thank you! That's so nice of you. :) Hopefully I can post some awesome Dutch cover each month. :)

@Jessica: Yay! :)

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (21 september 2011 om 11:44)  

I love the cover on Joel by Carry Slee as well! So, so beautiful and perhaps a bit sad.

Aths  – (25 september 2011 om 11:05)  

I love those covers! Especially the Joel one! There seems to be a lot of clues in there, including the way how the title is written. The photography is wonderful.

YA Vampire Books  – (7 oktober 2011 om 17:07)  

All of these look pretty striking! Thanks for sharing :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP