Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Release date: August, 2009
Pages: 400
Source: Won @ Feeling Fictional
Thank you so much Sarah!!!

My Feelings:



Description:
Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.

My Review:
I love reading fast paced books and action that kicks in right after the first chapter. This book had almost any action in it and still I loved it. These two characters are fantastic. They are perfect for each other. Sam the emotional one and Grace the character that was very steady. I haven’t read a lot of werewolves stories, but Shiver is now my favourite one among them.


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Release date: July, 2010
Pages: 360
Source: Won @ Feeling Fictional
Thank you so much Sarah!!!

My Feelings:



Description:
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

My Review:
The first couple of pages of Linger where very tough to get in. I just didn’t feel it and I did not wanted to read further. But then something happened, well someone happened, his name is Cole. Yes, Cole was very interesting. He was mainly the reason why I read further. I wanted to know who he was and why he wanted so bad to be wolf. I found his story entwined with Isabelles more intriguing. Sam and Grace where boring. The last couple of pages I loved the fastened pace and Sam and Grace weren’t boring anymore, but more exciting. I can’t wait to read the last book in this trilogy, because wow, the ending took my breath away.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (15 september 2011 om 06:35)  

Both of these are on my shelf waiting for me. So glad you dug them :)

Missie  – (15 september 2011 om 07:06)  

I haven't read Linger yet because I loved Shiver so much the way it ended and didn't real feel I needed more from the story. Your review seems to verify that for me. Thanks, Nina.

Jenny N.  – (15 september 2011 om 08:29)  

Cole was so fascinating to read in Linger and I actually liked reading more about Cole than about Sam and Grace.

Tricia  – (15 september 2011 om 10:24)  

I can't wait to read the last one too!!

Blodeuedd  – (15 september 2011 om 13:11)  

I did like Shiver, and now I hear that Linger is even better! Cool :D I am waiting for the library to get an English copy

Nina  – (15 september 2011 om 14:22)  

@Juju: Me too! ;)

@Missie: Linger is really great sequal. You should really try and get to read it. I'm sure you will love Linger too.

@Jenny N.: Me too. His story was way better.

@Tricia: So excited!

@Blodeuedd: Linger is much better than the first book. MUCH! :)

Milli  – (15 september 2011 om 14:29)  

hehehehe, i'm probably the only one who hasn't read this series yet. It sounds really good, though! Thanks for the review. You always do such a good job ;D

-milli www.doodlereads.blogspot.com

A Canadian Girl  – (16 september 2011 om 10:50)  

I wasn't a huge fan of Shiver because I didn't really like Grace or Sam so I'll probably pass on Linger. Cole sounds interesting though ...

Nina  – (16 september 2011 om 11:49)  

@Mili: lol. I feel the same way about other book series. ;)

@A Canadian Girl: Cole was very interesting. One of the main reasons why I read further and didn't put the book down. ;)

Mimi Valentine  – (16 september 2011 om 14:09)  

I can't believe I haven't started this series yet! I've heard such awesome things about The Wolves of Mercy Falls, and I'm so glad that you liked the first two! I'm definitely going to pick them up soon! :)

Just wondering... is Cole part of a love triangle? Because he sounds like an awesome character! x)

Awesome reviews, Nina!

Nina  – (16 september 2011 om 14:11)  

@Mimi Valentine: Linger is so good! Def. pick these books up if you like a great romance story. :)

Cole isn't part of a love triangle! :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (16 september 2011 om 15:08)  

Great review of both books, Nina! I really liked Shiver, but haven't gotten around to Linger. I made the mistake of bringing it to my classroom and my students keep signing it out! I love Maggie's writing style--so I need to get my hands on a copy of Linger. Plus, Cole sounds fabulous!

chelleyreads  – (16 september 2011 om 18:04)  

My sister and I have both of those books but haven't been able to read it yet.Glad you enjoyed it though. Now I can't wait to read it:)

Thanks for stopping by our blog!
-leslie

hmsgofita  – (16 september 2011 om 21:06)  

This is a decent series...just not one of my favorites. I don't know. I got bored. I gave up. I may try the series again after it's all wrapped up, though.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (17 september 2011 om 12:11)  

I have Linger on my tbr and SO need to get to it. I loved Shiver and I was afraid of ruining it. However, I do need to know more about Cole. I'm just sorry Sam and Grace were boring at all!

YA Book Queen  – (18 september 2011 om 13:15)  

I've had Linger sitting on my shelf for such a long time...it sounds like it might be worth a read just for Cole's POV :)

Great honest reviews, Nina!

Sarah  – (19 september 2011 om 19:56)  

I really liked Shiver--Maggie Stiefvater writes so beautifully. But I've got to agree that Cole makes Linger. I bought Forever--the last book in the trilogy--this summer, but I got stuck about 100 pages in, which was disappointing. I'm hoping I'll like it more if I come back to it later . . .

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP