Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

Title: Wondrous Strange
Written by: Lesley Livingston
Release date: September, 2009
Pages: 336
Source: Won@The Epic Rat
Thanks goes to the amazing Cecilia!!!!

My Feelings:



Description:
17 year-old Kelley Winslow doesn’t believe in Faeries. Not unless they’re the kind that you find in a theatre, spouting Shakespeare—the kind that Kelley so desperately wishes she could be: onstage, under lights, with a pair of sparkly wings strapped to her shoulders. But as the understudy in a two-bit, hopelessly off-off-Broadway production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, wishing is probably the closest she’s going to get to becoming a Faerie Queen. At least, that’s what she thinks... In this fun, urban fantasy, Kelley's off-stage life suddenly becomes as complicated as one of Shakespeare’s plot twists when a nighttime trip to Central Park holds more than meets the mortal eye.

My Review:
Okay, so let me start by apologizing to Lesley Livingston, after all it took me two years and a contest (that I won) to read Wondrous Strange. And now that I have, I am deeply ashamed of not reading this series sooner. OMG, I can’t tell you how much I loved this book.

Kelley is courageous, determined and feisty. I like this character a lot. She’s not the helpless young girl who needs help from others to survive, she’s strong on her own. Yay. And then there is Sonny. Can I just say that he’s totally swoon worthy. Yes, he is. I must take more strolls to the park to see if I can find myself a Sonny.

The story was fast paced and had twist and turns I wasn’t expecting. The characters where truly ALL awesome and I loved the building up moments to the actual event in the park. I’m so happy *big smile* that I won the entire series, because after reading the last page I can’t wait to find out what happens next for Kelley.

A must read for fairie-lovers!

Jenny  – (5 september 2011 om 07:20)  

I need to read this series! I've heard it's amazing, and I love faery-related stories, so I think this will be a great series for me. Thanks so much for the review Nina!

Mimi Valentine  – (5 september 2011 om 08:22)  

Ooh! I actually ADORE books about faeries and I can't believe I haven't read this series yet! From your great review and so many other recommendations, it sounds like such an amazing book!

Awesome review, Nina! I'm definitely going to check this one out! :)

....Petty Witter  – (5 september 2011 om 09:00)  

There seems to be lots of books about faeries around at the moment. A bit bored with vampires, I look forward to reading some fairy fiction.

Jenny N.  – (5 september 2011 om 12:06)  

I know what you mean cause I love this series too.

Blodeuedd  – (5 september 2011 om 12:17)  

I have head good things and I am glad to see that those good things were true :)

Nina  – (5 september 2011 om 14:49)  

@Jenny: Yes, def. If you like books with fearies in them, this one is for you. It's really so, so good. ;)

@Mimi: Yay! I hope you will love the book. I'm now reading Dark light and it's fantastic. ;)

@Petty Witter: Yes, me too. Vampires, pfff, boring.

@Jenny. N: Yay!!!

@Blodeuedd: Yes, it's true this book is awesome. You should def. check it out.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (5 september 2011 om 15:47)  

I've actually wanted to read this and I haven't yet. Looks like I so need to step it up and move it up the wishlist!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (5 september 2011 om 18:13)  

Oh, I've heard amazing things of this one. And I do want to get it. Soooo glad to see you loved it. :) Thank yoU!!!

Missie  – (5 september 2011 om 21:06)  

I wouldn't call myself a big fan of the fae, but this book sounds like a MUST read, and I'd hate to wait any long and then have to issue my own apology. LOL

Great review. Glad you enjoyed the book so much.

chelleyreads  – (5 september 2011 om 23:46)  

i've had this book for over two years on my shelf too and i have yet to pick it up. thanks for the review--it's inspired me to move it up the pile. :)

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (6 september 2011 om 01:03)  

I haven't read this series yet either but it does sound good. Too bad my shelf are overstuffed already.

Nina  – (6 september 2011 om 04:37)  

@Melissa (Books and Things): Yes, yes, step it up. ;)

@Melissa (My World.): Your welcome. The first book is amazing.

@Missie: This is indeed a Must read! You should def. check it out. I hate that too when I have to apologize to an author for not reading their books and they turn out to be awesome. ;)

@chelleyreads: No way! OMG, pick it up. Do it.

@Mari: I know how you feel!

A Canadian Girl  – (6 september 2011 om 17:24)  

I just have the last one to read but I loved the other two in the trilogy. Plus, Lesley is a Canadian author which is even more of an incentive for me to finish this series. Great review, Nina!

Teddyree  – (6 september 2011 om 20:51)  

Ooh I have this series to read, good to know it's awesome. Must try and bump it up my read list :)

Nina  – (7 september 2011 om 10:34)  

@A Candian Girl: Oh, I'm curious to see if the last book has an happy ending.

@Teddyree: Yes, yes, bump it up your reading list. ;)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (7 september 2011 om 21:05)  

Awesome review! I admit that I haven't read this one either, but now I want to. :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (7 september 2011 om 22:05)  

I love fae stories, and I can't believe I haven't started this series! Gahhhh must get to it soon, obviously! :)

Great review!

hmsgofita  – (16 september 2011 om 21:09)  

I tried this one a year or so ago...but I couldn't get into it. I should try it again since you love the series so much!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP