3 SR: Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten!, Secrets, Monsters and Magic Mirrors, Tales of a Sugar Hero

Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten! By Trisha Speed Shaskan
Release date: August, 2011
Pages: 24
Source: Netgalley/ Capstone

My Feelings:



Description:
OF COURSE you think I did a horrible thing by eating Little Red Riding Hood and her granny. You don't know the other side of the story. Well, let me tell you...

My Review:
OMG, just the title alone is hilarious. And she was rotten in the version the wolf gave to us. I liked it a lot. The illustrations were colourful and just beautiful. The wolf was crazy, seriously, he was addicted to apples and he was so hungry. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. Awesome short book.

Secrets, Monsters and Magic Mirrors by Donald Lemke
Release date: August, 2011
Pages: 176
Source: Netgalley/ Capstone

My Feelings:



Description:
Five of the world's greatest fairy tales are retold in the popular and attractive graphic novel format. Beautiful, bold illustrations give these timeless tales a modern edge. The stories include Beauty and the Beast, Rapunzel, Princess and the Pea, Snow White, and Thumbelina.

My Review:
Secrets, Monsters and magic Mirrors is a great book for someone who adores their fairytales. I liked it, but didn’t fell in love with it. The illustrations where very cool, I liked these a lot. I also loved that after a fairytale you will read the original title of the story and who has written it and when. For me there could have been more telling in between these stories about the author who written has written them. I wanted to know how this person came with this wonderful idea and wrote it. If there was more explaining, I probably would have loved this book more. But still a really nice book. Beautifully done.

Tales of a Sugar Hero by Michael Dahl
Release date: August, 2011
Pages: 128
Source: Netgalley/ Capstone

My Feelings:



Description:
On her eleventh birthday, Halo Nightly receives a mysterious collection of candy jars from her Aunt Pandora. The sweet treats inside fuel her with the powers of fire, water, earth, and air! As the world’s newest sugar hero, Halo must defeat the evil sour-villains who threaten to rid the world of fun and flavor!

My Review:
Tales of a Super Hero is in one word just cute. I loved that there where several short chapters with each their own little adventure. It’s very sweet and colourful. Not much to say about it, it´s fun!

Blodeuedd  – (7 oktober 2011 om 14:24)  

Red Riding, yes so cute and I liked Secrets too :D Picture books are the best

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 oktober 2011 om 15:45)  

I really might have to check out the Red Riding Hood one. This sounds like something I'd really enjoy!!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (7 oktober 2011 om 19:26)  

even though you only scored it three stars, the second one looks really good!!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (7 oktober 2011 om 19:39)  

I want Red Riding Hood was Rotten SO bad. SO glad to hear it's good.

Jenny N.  – (8 oktober 2011 om 17:17)  

All three look like fun reads and I'm loving the cover for Red Riding Hool was Rotten.

brizmus  – (9 oktober 2011 om 15:48)  

all of these sound absolutely adorable! I especially want to read the Red Riding Hood one!

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP