Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Title: Bad Taste in Boys
Written by: Carrie Harris
Release date: July, 2011
Pages: 201
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human

My Review:
I started reading this book when I was going to work and finished it while I was travelling back home. Bad Taste in Boys is a super hilarious, quick and quirky read. I loved it and I hope that Carrie Harris is going to write more of these fabulous books.

Let’s say it out straight, Kate Grable is a nerd. Big time and she’s proud of it too. She’s very smart, quirky and just makes these awesome remarks which I thought where laugh out loud funny. I loved the relationship she has with her little brother. It was real and honest.

The plot is awesome. Yes, it is. The action starts right away and it’s such a quick read. The zombies where scary and disgusting. I thought Kate was very brave for fighting them alone. Very brave! There wasn’t really a well developed romance, but because the romance wasn’t a big part of the story I didn’t mind.

I’m not sure if this is part of a series, but if it is, I’m going to pick up the sequel and hope it’s as badass as Bad Taste in Boys.

Blodeuedd  – (23 oktober 2011 om 13:07)  

Zombies? Lol, I hate and like those. They do make good characters in books, and I am glad it all worked so well here

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 oktober 2011 om 14:02)  

I've heard that this one has a lot of humor. Plus, now I know she is a proud nerd? I so need to read this.

(: Isa :)  – (23 oktober 2011 om 14:29)  

Haven't read a funny book in a while now and although this has zombies (I'
m not a huge zombie fan), it sounds pretty cool by your review! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Jessica(BookLover)  – (23 oktober 2011 om 14:55)  

Great review! I keep putting off reading this book, but now I'm moving it to the top. I love books that start out quick and fast, dropping you in the action. Plus, I'm a big fan of quirky characters! :)

Beth S.  – (23 oktober 2011 om 15:52)  

I met Carrie this summer at her debut party and she is just as hilarious as her writing. She has a second book coming out called Bad Hair Day. I think she called it a companion novel rather than part of a series.

Roxy  – (23 oktober 2011 om 17:04)  

Awesome review! Although this book was a little bit short, it was still awesome to read! Plus, it's really the only paranormal book I have ever read!

Sarah  – (24 oktober 2011 om 09:24)  

I'm so glad to hear you like this book--I've been wanting to read it for a long time. I'll bump it up on my list :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (24 oktober 2011 om 13:35)  

I usually don't read zombie books EVER, but I've heard good things about this one. It sounds like fun!

A Canadian Girl  – (24 oktober 2011 om 23:34)  

I don't normally read zombie books but I've got this one on my wishlist since Carrie is pretty funny. I like that Kate is a nerd and proud of it :)

Nina  – (26 oktober 2011 om 05:44)  

@Blodeuedd: I have a love/hate relationship with them too. :)

@Isa: Def. a great book. It has some fun chapters in it. :)

@Beth S.: Thank you for the info. I had no idea, but Bad Hair Day sounds really fun. Def. going to get that book.

@Roxy: No way! The only paranormal book? Seriously. You need to read more! Def some great paranormal reads out.

Missie  – (26 oktober 2011 om 09:59)  

I love the cover and I'm not surprised to read that the story is funny and has a good plot. Thanks for the review, I've had this one on my TBR for a while and I think I need to bump it up!

Nina  – (26 oktober 2011 om 10:58)  

@Missie: Yeah, you def. should bump it up. ;)

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (27 oktober 2011 om 14:42)  

Yay for more zombies! I'm totally going to check this out :)

Nina  – (28 oktober 2011 om 02:37)  

@Christie: I hope you will enjoy reading the book, but I'm sure you will. ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP