Challenges...

I really suck at challenges. When summer begun I thought I had tons of free time to read a lot of books and complete the challenges I participated in. But, yeah, that didn’t happen.

The challenges that looked good and I couldn’t resist them are:

YA Historical Challenge hosted by Yabliss.com
Challenge : read 1-5 books
How many books did I read? Zero. Yes, you’ve read that right. Maybe it’s because I’m a history student and in my free time I want to read books in other genres. Excuses, excuses. Anyway.

YA Series Challenge by Stalking the Bookshelves
Challenge: finish reading 5 series
How many books did I read? I only have finished the Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong, so one. I really had high hopes that I could finish a lot of series, but damn those other books that are getting in my way.

Horror and Urban Fantasy Reading Challenge by Book Chick City
Challenge: read 24 books
How many books did I read? I haven’t really counted the books that I read in this challenge, but I’m sure I have finished it. I’m pretty sure. Doing a victory dance in my pyjama’s.

What to do? Well, I’m quitting. I’m not the person that give ups, but in three months I cannot finish the two challenges that are left.

Do you participate in challenges? Or are they a big nay for you?

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (9 oktober 2011 om 07:02)  

I tried to do challenges when I first started blogging and I completely stunk at them, so I gave up and now I don't do any! I just don't have time to make sure I'm reading the "right" books for them! :)

Cecelia  – (9 oktober 2011 om 07:14)  

I'm right about where Jill is. I tried very hard in 2010 to be a 'challenge' blogger, but it sort of impaired my reading, because I kept thinking, "does this fit?" instead of "is this what I want to read?"

I didn't sign up for any challenges this year, though I find that I can do events pretty well. I like the idea of them... just super hard to follow through!

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (9 oktober 2011 om 07:14)  

I think I've entered two reading challenges this year and I'm done with one(reading Norwegian debut authors for my Norwegian book blog) and horribly failing the other. Next year I think I'll be entering the one I've managed this year and no other challenges.

Nina  – (9 oktober 2011 om 08:43)  

@Jill: Me too and now I just totally suck at them. :(

@Cecilia: I agree! They are hard to follow trough. Or maybe I should just participate in one and after I finish that one I can participate in more. Maybe. :)

@Mari: You have finished one, that's really good. There's still time to complete the other.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (9 oktober 2011 om 09:40)  

So totally with you. I'm horrrrible at them.

Blodeuedd  – (9 oktober 2011 om 09:48)  

Lol, I took part in one and I knew I would make it since I had only romance before me, cos else, I just forget

Nina  – (9 oktober 2011 om 10:11)  

@Juju: Yeah, me too. :)

@Blodeuedd: See if you know you have the books in the genre you probably can make it. But I just couldn't, so much books that I need to buy and then read..pfff. It's sad, right? ;)

vvb32 reads  – (9 oktober 2011 om 13:05)  

me too, horrible. i enter too many with good intent and then end up reading other stuff, urg! i have to remember to say nay next year.

Jenny N.  – (9 oktober 2011 om 14:19)  

I've been keeping my challenge list updated so I know that I've finished a couple and the others I'm close to finishing.

Jessica(BookLover)  – (9 oktober 2011 om 14:40)  

The only challenge I've given myself is the goodreads challenge to read 100 books this year. I'm doing OK with that. I don't usually join challenges because I don't like choosing a book/review based on the category it falls into. Plus, I'm not very good at keeping up with them.

Mimi Valentine  – (9 oktober 2011 om 15:41)  

LOL I'm pretty sure you did too! x)

I don't really do challenges because I'm pretty bad at them, but I'm giving you the biggest smile full of congratulations right now because you're super awesome for doing them anyway!

GO NINA! :)

brizmus  – (9 oktober 2011 om 15:47)  

me, too, I totally suck at challenges! (lately, I also suck at book blogging. :-()
Seems like you actually did pretty good, though.

Nina  – (10 oktober 2011 om 05:53)  

@All of you: Thank you! I feel really bad for quitting those two challenges, but I know I cannot finish them in time. :(

Danielle  – (13 oktober 2011 om 00:25)  

I don't do challenges anymore either because I was so bad at doing them - it started to feel more like homework than reading because I felt like it. Good on you for trying though :-)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP