Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands – The United States

I'm not sure what I really think of the Dutch cover. It's confusing and weird. Why is the girl jumping? Is she going to fall into the water? What is that black supposed to be? I wouldn't pick up this book if I saw it at the bookstore. Not even with a big sticker on it saying discount. It's also so dark and depressing. I don't like it. I love the US cover. I heard that they have a different cover for the book now, not sure what the reason behind that choice is. Because look at it, it's fantastic. Loving the blue and the girl behind the letters. Really nice.


Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (19 oktober 2011 om 03:50)  

I like the Dutch cover but that is based on the fact that I have read the book and I can associate the cover with happenings in the story. I totally understand your questions :)

I love the US one :)

Jillian  – (19 oktober 2011 om 05:38)  

Interesting. I have the US cover but it's different from that one! It's just plain light blue. No birds. Hmm. I'm kind of liking THIS US.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (19 oktober 2011 om 05:51)  

US
But I must admit, it took me time to love this one. For the longest time (until I saw it in person) I didn't realize there was a face behind the letters.

fredamans  – (19 oktober 2011 om 06:47)  

I read the book and am now jealous the US got the more boring cover. I love the colors and layout of the Dutch one.

Lisa  – (19 oktober 2011 om 07:11)  

I'm not feeling the Dutch cover. I agree that it feels dark and gloomy.

I like the US cover though. The face behind the words just makes it for me.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (19 oktober 2011 om 07:58)  

i'm not a huge fan of either cover. i like the new us paperback cover though.

Missie  – (19 oktober 2011 om 08:38)  

I'm with Carrie on this one. Not really a fan of either, but the paperback cover is nice.

Christina / Book Addict  – (19 oktober 2011 om 11:01)  

I'm not really a fan of either, but if I had to pick, I'd pick the US one. I actually like the new covers for this series instead. Thanks for sharing this, though!

Jessica(BookLover)  – (19 oktober 2011 om 11:33)  

I like the way the Dutch cover looks like it's torn to add a space for the book title. However, my vote is going for the US cover on this one. It's a little cleaner and I like that blue gradient.

Mimi Valentine  – (19 oktober 2011 om 12:29)  

I actually kind of like the Dutch cover! :) But maybe that's just because I LOVE the colour purple and I find the gothic theme fort of fitting for the book (in the tiniest way!).

This cover comparison idea is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing, Nina -- I never would have seen the Dutch cover if you hadn't! :)

Blodeuedd  – (19 oktober 2011 om 12:55)  

Well she does look like she is delirious, but yes do not like

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (19 oktober 2011 om 15:49)  

I'm leaning toward the US cover, but I've never been a fan of that cover either.

Maria  – (20 oktober 2011 om 14:48)  

I LOVED this book!!! Though I do really prefer the U.S. Cover. I wish they could've stuck with this cover for the series instead of the new cover's they're going for.

GABY  – (20 oktober 2011 om 18:28)  

I'm tired of black covers. I want color!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (22 oktober 2011 om 16:11)  

I really like the Dutch cover. It does fit the story. I've never been a fan of the original blue cover of Delirium, but I like the new covers. (Unfortunately I have the old one which is not going to match the new cover for Pandemonium). Grr...!

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (27 oktober 2011 om 14:43)  

I like the dutch cover most, but I agree with others that it doesn't exactly fit the story.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP