Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States



The US cover gives a fantasy vibe to me. I have read the description of the book and now I'm wondering why I haven't read it yet. It sounds really good. Anyway, I like the US cover, but I don't love it. I don't like that the font of the title is little and that the colour of the words are black. It doesn't really stand out for me. I really do think that the cover fits with the story. I heard that the girl is taking on a ship to go to this place called Elsewhere. I'm not so sure about the Dutch cover. It's just a close up of a girl and nothing more. So this time I would go with the US cover.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (26 oktober 2011 om 04:32)  

Hmmm. Not a big fan of either cover, but if I had to pick, I'd go with the US cover. I actually have a student reading this book right and she is really enjoying it!

Jenny  – (26 oktober 2011 om 06:40)  

I'm leaning toward the US cover as well, even though it doesn't blow me away. I do like the bright colors though, they would catch my attention more than the close up of the girl's face:)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (26 oktober 2011 om 07:36)  

The US cover for sure.
It really sets the magical set for the book.

Lisa  – (26 oktober 2011 om 07:38)  

I don't really like either cover. I have read the book and I don't feel that either cover really tells us much about the book.

If I had to choose I'd probably go with the U.S. cover just because I'm not a fan the close up of a girls face with nothing else there.

Missie  – (26 oktober 2011 om 09:57)  

Yeah, I'm not sure either cover is really working for me, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the U.S. cover. And I agree, the premise sounds good, not sure why I haven't read it yet.

Jenny N.  – (26 oktober 2011 om 09:59)  

I don't really like either of them but the US one does make it look more like a holiday read to me.

Blodeuedd  – (26 oktober 2011 om 12:44)  

I am going with neither this time, they look boring both of them

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (26 oktober 2011 om 16:11)  

I think I'm leaning toward the US cover. :)

T.V and Book Addict  – (7 november 2011 om 18:01)  

I wonder if you'll like it. I read it when I was in middle school and loved it. I think if one is around that age it will be easier to like. Either way it was a pleasant read.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP