The Girl with the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts

Title: The Girl with the Silver Eyes
Written by: Willo Davis Roberts
Release date: January, 1991
Pages: 198
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:
Katie Welker is used to being alone. She would much rather read a book than deal with other people. Other people don't have silver eyes and other people can't make things happen just by thinking about them! Sometimes Katie even enjoys playing tricks on people.

My Review:
The Girl with the Silver Eyes has this beautiful cover that I couldn’t resist buying when I was at the bookstore. Yes, I’m that person that cannot walk by beautiful covers with not buying at least one of those books.

Katie is a cute, little girl who is determined, scared and doesn’t really belong anywhere. She’s an outsider. I liked Katie, but sometimes she really was annoying. She didn’t listen to anyone, seems to be trouble all the time and used her power all the time to get out of situations she didn’t wanted to be in. I know, she sounds exactly like a little girl of her age, and it is a middle grade book, but I just couldn’t stand her at times.

The plot is okay. The end was rushed. There could have been a lot more explaining and why wasn’t anyone angry at Katie for running away? If she were my child I would have grounded her for life. I did like that we get to know why these children have silver eyes and the story behind it felt realistic.

All in all The Girl with the Silver Eyes is a really great book for middle graders, but I would not recommend it to adults. There were times that I couldn’t read further, because of the main characters behaviour and therefore think I was too old to read this book.

Missie  – (13 oktober 2011 om 09:19)  

Oh, I can't resist beautiful book covers either. This ones sounds too MG for me, but I'm glad to know more about it. Thanks, Nina.

Jessica(BookLover)  – (13 oktober 2011 om 10:26)  

I wouldn't be able to walk by that cover either. It's too bad the ending was rushed, that really has a way of ruining a decent story.

joanna  – (13 oktober 2011 om 10:45)  

it is a beautiful cover indeed! Funny how some ya and children's books simply don't work for adults eh?

Blodeuedd  – (13 oktober 2011 om 12:28)  

Lol! But yes how can one not buy a book with a lovely cover, and this one is indeed cool

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (13 oktober 2011 om 15:50)  

Sometimes yes, MG for me is hit or miss as well. I also think it is because of the age of the reader (me! lol). Oh and I agree... love the cover!!

Jenny N.  – (13 oktober 2011 om 19:03)  

It's one of the reasons I rarely read MG books since I feel that its harder to relate to the characters. Also as a sidenote the apple on the cover looks so real to me.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP