Past Perfect by Leila Sales

Title: Past Perfect
Written by: Leila Sales
Release date: October, 2011
Pages: 322
Source: Schimon & Schuster e-galley

My Feelings:



Description:
All Chelsea wants to do this summer is hang out with her best friend, hone her talents as an ice cream connoisseur, and finally get over Ezra, the boy who broke her heart. But when Chelsea shows up for her summer job at Essex Historical Colonial Village (yes, really), it turns out Ezra's working there too. Which makes moving on and forgetting Ezra a lot more complicated…even when Chelsea starts falling for someone new.

Maybe Chelsea should have known better than to think that a historical reenactment village could help her escape her past. But with Ezra all too present, and her new crush seeming all too off limits, all Chelsea knows is that she's got a lot to figure out about love. Because those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it….

My Review:
Past Perfect was such a fun and quick read. When I started reading it, I was hooked. It’s one of the best light hearted book I read so far this year and I’m definitely going to get my own copy of it.

Chelsea is a likeable, typical teenager who by the way has an awesome summer job. I liked her comments. The dialogue between her, her best friend and Dan is laugh out funny. Oh wow, what can I say about Dan. He’s so adorable. Love him.

The plot is so much fun. I loved the war and that they where all so serious about it. The romance was awesome and just so sweet. Nothing too heavy. I liked that there was a message in this book and that everyone, even if you are a adult, could relate with the character and her situation.

Past Perfect was just perfect. I loved it. And now I’m off to order Leila Sales debut novel Mostly Good Girls.

Amber  – (3 oktober 2011 om 10:07)  

I'm really glad to read how much you loved this book. I enjoy sweet romances and this seems like the perfect read for me!

Nina  – (3 oktober 2011 om 10:20)  

@Amber: This is then perfect for you! You will love it. :)

Blodeuedd  – (3 oktober 2011 om 13:30)  

I need to read more YA, this one sounds great and I have never heard about it before either

Kelsey  – (3 oktober 2011 om 14:10)  

I also adored this book! If you haven't read her debut yet, I highly recommend it. Great review, Nina (:

Jenny N.  – (3 oktober 2011 om 17:05)  

Great review! Everything about Past Perfect is screaming "blast to read" to me right now.

A Canadian Girl  – (4 oktober 2011 om 13:58)  

Past Perfect does sound like a fun read and the romance seems great. I'll have to check this one out.

Anna  – (5 oktober 2011 om 20:04)  

This book looks too cute! I was thinking about reading something light hearted soon and this sounds perfect! I never got around to finishing Mostly Good Girls (I had to return it back to my library) but I remember it being really fun and fluffy. Definitely will be putting this one on my tbr list. :D

YA Vampire Books  – (7 oktober 2011 om 17:06)  

Great review! I really liked this book as well!

Does Chelsea have the best summer job, or what? :)

And the "war" make me long for childhood summers!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP