Betrayals by Lili St.Crow

Title: Betrayals
Written by: Lili St. Crow
Release date: August, 2009
Pages: 304
Source: Won

My Feelings:




Description:
She's no angel . . .
Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she's just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn't entirely human. (So what else is new?)
Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England Schola for other teens like her, and there's a big problem— she's the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn't be so bad, but Dru's killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . .
Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?

My Review:
After reading Strange Angels, I couldn’t wait to read the sequel. So I dived right into it after finishing the first book and quess what, I loved it.

Dru is still the tough cookie that we know from the first book, but she opens up a bit more towards Graves. I love the relationship between Graves and Dru. I love that it didn’t came fast and that it feels real. I like Graves a lot more in this book. He’s stronger and doesn’t rely so much on Dru anymore.

The dialogue is better than the first one and there’s more of it. Plenty of it to keep me entertained and get to know these characters better. The story builds up nicely and the mystery why they put Dru at that particular school kept me turning the pages rapidly.

I love this series. I seriously do and it’s becoming one of my favourites. Betrayals is a sequel how a sequel supposed to be. Better than the first book! I’m looking forward to Jealousy!

Maria  – (2 november 2011 om 16:49)  

Glad you liked it! I'm currently reading the last book in the series - Reckoning! Jealousy was better than the two books before it, you'll definitely love it! :)

Nina  – (3 november 2011 om 07:43)  

@Maria: Really? I really need to start reading Jealousy then. I'm so glad to hear this! :)

joanna  – (3 november 2011 om 09:18)  

This series sounds like so much fun!

(: Isa :)  – (3 november 2011 om 11:34)  

I've yet to start this series, but wow. If the sequel is this good then I better start on the first book. :)

Missie  – (3 november 2011 om 12:05)  

Isn't it the best when you discover a book, love it, and then realize you don't have to wait for the sequel, you can just jump right in!

I love it when each new book in the series only gets better. Thanks for this review Nina. You've made me excited to read this series.

Mimi Valentine  – (3 november 2011 om 13:17)  

Ohh, I'm SO GLAD you liked this one, Nina! I was looking at the first book the other day and was wondering whether or not to read it, but your review just convinced me! I love angel books and I love strong female leads -- this definitely sounds like my kind of series! :)

Awesome review, Nina! I love sequels that are better than the first book too! ;)

Nina  – (3 november 2011 om 13:30)  

@Mimi Valentine: I hope you will get the first book, because I'm absolutely sure that you will adore it. :)

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (3 november 2011 om 13:31)  

I very seldom enjoy the sequel more but I hope I do in this case. Wonderful review, Nina!

Blodeuedd  – (3 november 2011 om 13:36)  

A sequel that is actually better!? I love those, they are the golden children of books

Nina  – (3 november 2011 om 13:45)  

@Blodeuedd: Me too! lol. The golden children of books? Awesome, I should remember that! ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP