Reality Check by Jen Calonita

Title: Reality Check
Written by: Jen Calonita
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 288
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Sixteen-year-olds Charlie, Keiran, Brooke, and Hallie have just been signed up for their own reality television show. They can't even believe it. "You'll be The Hills meets The Secret Life of the American Teenager," the Armani-suited executive tells them, "and the hottest thing on our network." How could they say no?
But soon enough, cameras following them everywhere and interfering producers surreptitiously scripting their lives start to affect the four best friends' relationship. Brooke seems to want all the screen time. Keiran is abruptly written out of the show-and consequently the group's friendship-when she doesn't rate well. As soon as Charlie realizes what's going on, she figures out the perfect way to give the studio and her home audience a much-needed reality check.
Because friends don't let friends do reality shows.

My Review:
Reality Check reminded me of the MTV show The Hills, which is a show that I really like watching. I mean what’s not to love about drama, right? However Reality Check was a bit different and I wished it had…yep..more drama.

Reality Check is about four teenagers who are best friends. They all have their different personalities and the one I could connect more to was Keiran. She was the shy, quite girl who worked her butt off. Unfortunately Keiran did not had the lead in this book. I would have loved if the characters were a bit more developed and probably would have enjoyed the story more if it was told in different points of view.

It started out slow, but the pace gotten faster when the following around with camera’s begun. Again, it reminded me of those MTV reality shows and I loved it. I was a bit disappointed with the ending. There could have been more drama involved and I did not like that someone finally gets what she wants. (Huh? You have to read the book to find out what I’m talking about.)

All in all Reality Check is not on top of my dramalicious reads this year, but it’s still enjoyable for a Sunday afternoon.

....Petty Witter  – (10 november 2011 om 05:39)  

The characters on the cover reminded me of those Bratz dolls that were all the rage a few years back.

Marce  – (10 november 2011 om 06:02)  

The more drama the better, lol

That cover, can't decide what to think about it.

Small Review  – (10 november 2011 om 06:07)  

I like Jen Calonita's Secrets of My Hollywood Life series, but it's a very sweet series (so the drama never gets too mean or intense). Sounds like the same thing happens here. I plan on checking it out, eventually :)

Jessica(BookLover)  – (10 november 2011 om 11:09)  

"Friends don't let friends do reality shows" -- that's funny! :)

This sounds like a fun read. Too bad it didn't have all the drama you were hoping for. It's an interesting concept, nonetheless. Reality TV can be very addicting. :)

Missie  – (10 november 2011 om 11:44)  

Well, at least the cover is super cute!

Lisa  – (10 november 2011 om 11:45)  

The best thing about reality T.V. shows in the drama. It's too bad this book seems to be missing that aspect.

Blodeuedd  – (10 november 2011 om 13:13)  

I would have thought it would be filled with drama, so I do not really know what to make of it

StephTheBookworm  – (10 november 2011 om 13:40)  

Oh wow, thought there would have been more drama!

Cari  – (11 november 2011 om 13:01)  

I must admit I watch reality TV and use to watch The Hills. From reading your review I'm kind of interested but I would have to find a discounted copy since you feel it could have been better.

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit  – (11 november 2011 om 14:06)  

Where's the drama!!! Haven't heard of this book but it sounds unique. hmmm don't know if I'll pcik it up...doesn't sound like my type...

Thanks for the awesome review!


SeeitORreadit

A Canadian Girl  – (12 november 2011 om 12:36)  

I'm not a fan of reality TV but if you'd like this one more, I'd probably have checked it out. Lol, I'm trying to figure out why they put dolls on the cover.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 november 2011 om 12:54)  

Not a book for me, but I do know someone who would enjoy it. I'll have to recommend it. So, glad you loved the drama of the book!

Ashley  – (22 november 2011 om 13:21)  

Huh, sounds interesting. I'd probably pass on this one anyway, but I cannot imagine why anyone would ever want to be on a reality show...

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP