The End of 2011 Survey

Last year I discovered a fun survey for the end of 2010. The survey was made by The Perpetual Page Turner. So I thought I do it again, but then of course for 2011. Here it goes..

1. Best book of 2011?
There are so many great books that I loved this year, but two of my very favourites were Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris & Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John. I also loved Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt.

2. Worst book of 2011?
I looked up if I gave one heart to a book, but I haven’t. I did give two hearts to a couple of books and Fury by Elizabeth Miles is one of them. I did not like this book and will not read the sequel. Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber is also probably one of the worst books I read in 2011. Sorry.

3. Most disappointing book of 2011?
Die for Me by Amy Plum. Before you all start (lol), I am planning to read the sequel ‘Until I Die”. I’m hoping that it’s going to get better. I had pretty high hopes for Die for Me, but unfortunately it all reminded me a bit too much of Twilight.

4. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2011?
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder. I only had tried reading one verse novel and I didn’t like it. I thought it was horrible and I had no intention to read another verse novel again. When I read the description of The Day Before I immediately wanted to try it. It just sounded really good. I read the book and fell in love with it.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Not just one book, but three in the Strange Angels series by Lili St. Crow. This series rocked my world. I won this series and I had no intention of falling in love with it. I read the first book ‘Strange Angels’ and wham I was hooked. I still need to get the last book in my possession, but this series is seriously one of my favourites. You should read this series!

6. Best series you discovered in 2011?
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston, Dark Elite by Chloe Neill and Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow.

7. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2011?
One of my favourite new authors is Lauren Barnholdt and I’m planning to read all of her books. Loved Sometimes It Happens. Beautifully written and lots of drama. Apparently a lot of her books are filled with drama, I’m a drama lover. Dramalicious! Another author that has become my favourite is Leila Sales. She’s the author of Past Perfect, which was perfect.

8. Most hilarious read of 2011?
My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond. Hilarious. Lord Arkus is such a funny guy without even knowing it. Laughed out loud with this book!

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Angel’s Fury by Bryony Pearce. “I absolutely loved Angel’s Fury. From start to finish, I was completely enthralled and couldn’t put the book down. Not even for a little reading break.”

10. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
I’m not sure, but when I saw the cover of Where I Belong I fell in love with it. So probably Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley.

11. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2011?
I love this cover and want a poster of it. :)Bad Taste in Boys!

12. Most memorable character in 2011?
Piper from Five Flavors of Dumb. She’s a young girl who’s deaf, determined and stands up for herself. She’s fun and admirable. She cannot listen to the music, but gets to know them and their vibe with the help of her friends.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2011?
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Pearl Versus the World by Sally Murphy. This book is very emotional and I could relate to the little girl who’s grandmother had dementia. It dealt with isolation, grief and loss.

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
The Wondrous Strange series by Lesley Livingston. It took me a contest to win and get all three books to finally read it in 2011. So ashamed, because it’s such a awesome series.

16. Book that you read in 2011 that would be most likely to reread in 2012?
Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt, Forgotten by Cat Patrick & Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. (I still need to read the last book in this trilogy!)

Roxy  – (30 december 2011 om 07:03)  

I loved the Bad Taste in Boys cover! Lauren Barnholdt looks so amazing! I haven't read one of her books though. I should.
-Roxy

Mimi Valentine  – (30 december 2011 om 08:34)  

Oohhhh, so many awesome books! :) LOL it's okay, Nina, I felt the exact same way about Die For Me! I was so excited to read it because the cover was gorgeous and so many people loved it, but I ended up being disappointed by the insta-love and how Kate acted after she broke up with Vincent after ONE date. It was crazy! :P

I still really read to read Wondrous Strange and Strange Angels though, because I saw your reviews and was really intrigued! :)

Sounds like you had a really fun year, Nina! I can't wait to see what you're going to read in 2012! :) <3

Lisa  – (30 december 2011 om 08:53)  

This is a really fun survey. I love that it covers so many broad topics! Now I really want to read the Strange Angels series!

Christina / Book Addict  – (30 december 2011 om 08:59)  

I really liked Sometimes It Happens too- I remember being addicted to the storyline. I'm sorry you didn't like Die For Me- I am such a sucker for paranormal romances. I must check out Strange Angels- It has been on my radar for sometime now. Happy New Year!

La Coccinelle  – (30 december 2011 om 10:12)  

I finally finished the Wondrous Strange series this year. I read the first book a couple of years ago. I really liked the first book, but the others disappointed me. Sometimes it's hard for sequels to live up to high expectations!

Jenny  – (30 december 2011 om 11:57)  

I have the first book of Strange Angels but I just haven't gotten to it yet. I need to.

A Canadian Girl  – (30 december 2011 om 16:21)  

I really liked The Day Before too and the most hilarious book I read this year would probably be My Sparkling Misfortune too :)

I still need to read Five Flavors of Dumb and Bad Taste in Boys.

Marce  – (30 december 2011 om 20:05)  

I decided The Day Before will be my first read for 2012, can't wait.

Happy New Year Nina

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP