Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban

Title: Two Moon Princess
Written by: Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 324
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
In this coming-of-age story set in a medieval kingdom, Andrea is a headstrong princess longing to be a knight who finds her way to modern-day California. But her accidental return to her family's kingdom and a disastrous romance brings war, along with her discovery of some dark family secrets. Readers will love this mix of traditional fantasy elements with unique twists and will identify with Andrea and her difficult choices between duty and desire.

My Review:
It has been a long time since I read a young adult historical fiction novel and therefore felt that it was time to read Two Moon Princess. My expectations were high, I really loved the description of it and who doesn’t love a good story about a princess. Too bad it wasn’t what I expected it to be and it wasn’t a story that hold my attention.

Andrea is stubborn, immature and even though that sounds all bad, she’s also courageous and daring. She’s the only character that I found interesting, the secondary characters were dull and lacked depth and personality.

The first half of the book was boring. I seriously considered giving up and not read further. But as always I have a hard time going trough with that and started to read again after a good hour break. The time travel part was okay, but it didn’t last that long. I also wanted something more from that part. Something adventurous and exciting. The second half is all about Andrea trying to stop the war and an unexpected romance. The second half was better than the first and I started to actually enjoy reading the book. Does that sound bad? I mean liking the war and all? Anyway.

I recommend borrowing Two Moon Princess at the library.

....Petty Witter  – (15 december 2011 om 07:55)  

A great review, very honest. Not a book for me I don't think as it reminds me of all the other such books and films that are on the market.

Alyssa Kirk  – (15 december 2011 om 09:05)  

Too bad it didn't live up to your expectations. I'd like the second half better too. More action!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (15 december 2011 om 11:50)  

Aw... I don't think I'd enjoy it when it lacks personality. However, I too would probably like the second half better as well. ;) It doesn't sound bad at all.

Jenny N.  – (15 december 2011 om 12:36)  

I'm like you...even when I find myself not liking a book I always want to finish it and give it a chance.

Blodeuedd  – (15 december 2011 om 12:57)  

It looked and sounded so cool, but a boring first half. Eh, no thanks. Library if they get it

Missie  – (15 december 2011 om 13:15)  

Bummer, but at least the cover is pretty. But yeah, I have no interest in wasting my time on boring books. Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts, Nina!

A Canadian Girl  – (15 december 2011 om 15:03)  

I think this one was available on NetGalley but I decided against requesting it. Seems like I made a smart decision.

The second half sounds more interesting than the first probably because it it has more action and romance.

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP