The big news!

Yesterday I told you that today I’m going to tell you the big news that I’ve been hiding for a very long time now. And omg it was killing me not telling you guys. So without stalling, here it is: I’m going abroad! You probably are thinking “Nice, Nina is going to take a holiday vacation.”, but I’m not. As I told you many times before (sorry, to say it again) I’m a History student & this year is going to be my last year in university. I have to do an internship as a history teacher at a high/ secondary school and I’m going to do my final internship in the Caribbean. I’m going to Curacao and I will be staying there for 5 months.
Yes, you read that right! 5 months! In Curacao! On the 31st of January I’m taking the plane to this little peace of heaven and I won’t be back until the end of June. Hooray! I’m so excited!



Of course, that means that are going to be changes to the way I blog and the blog itself. It’s one of the reasons why I wanted to change it and post about my travels too. So, let’s talk about what’s going to change:

The Dutch Cover Alert posts will not continue when I’m abroad. I’m not sure if I’m able to post every Wednesday & therefore DCA will start again when I’m back. It will start again in July.

Less book reviews. I love to read, but I probably am not going to be able to read a book every single week. I’ll try, but there are no guarantees. Now this all doesn’t mean, that I’m not posting book reviews. I still have a couple book reviews that I’m going to post when I’m there and when I finish reading a book over there I will write a review for it and post it.

More personal & travel posts. This is obvious. Right? I’m going to keep a travel diary with me and I want to write every single thing down so I don’t forget anything. So there will be updates when I have something fun to share or not so fun, but I’m not thinking about that. I’m all positive here! I would love to see every single thing that is to see on the Island, so expect photo’s and posts about what I’m doing.

That's the big news! Yay!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (7 januari 2012 om 04:12)  

Oh wow, Nina! This is big news! What a fab place to do an internship! I can't wait to read your travel updates!

Love the new layout too! x

Nina  – (7 januari 2012 om 04:16)  

@Leanna: Thank you! I'm pretty excited to go & can't wait to tell you all how it is there. Hopefully I can find some good bookstores that sell young adult books! Fingers crossed. :)

GABY  – (7 januari 2012 om 05:14)  

wow, congratulations Nina! I'm sure you will have a great time! Curacao is such a nice place! And it's close to my country, hehe.

Last year I made my internship at Chile (but only for three months) and it was a great opportunity for me, but not for my blog hehe.

But don't worry about the blog, have fun, enjoy! :P

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (7 januari 2012 om 05:14)  

Yah! I see the comments section again (it was missing for some reason).

Congratulations. What wonderful news!

Blodeuedd  – (7 januari 2012 om 05:24)  

No way!! You lucky woman :D I am a bit annoyed that I did not have to go somewhere for my studies. Everyone else had to but not the peeps in my group

Nina  – (7 januari 2012 om 05:46)  

@Gaby: Oh wow, Chile also sounds like a fab place to do an internship. :)

@Juju: oh, that's weird. I'm glad you can comment again! Woohoo! Thank you.

@Blodeuedd: Ah, but you can travel now! :)

Lauren  – (7 januari 2012 om 05:47)  

Wow, congrats, Nina! That is amazing! I hope you have a great time, and I look forward to hearing about your time there.

Jill of The O.W.L.  – (7 januari 2012 om 07:05)  

CONGRATS!!!! That's so exciting and fun. Can't wait to read about all you see, learn and do!

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (7 januari 2012 om 07:41)  

Congrats, Nina! I hope you have an absolute blast!

A Canadian Girl  – (7 januari 2012 om 08:15)  

Lucky you getting to do an internship in the Caribbean!

booksntea  – (7 januari 2012 om 09:30)  

That is wonderful news! I can't wait to hear what you're up to. What will you be working on in Curacao?

- Jackie

Niii  – (7 januari 2012 om 10:58)  

OMG, Loved the Big News.Really!Congrats Nina!
Hope you have a great time There!
*_*

Kelsey  – (7 januari 2012 om 12:23)  

Fabulous news, Nina! That is such a wonderful opportunity and I hope you do a post all about it once you get there! Congrats (:

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 januari 2012 om 13:08)  

Oh that sounds fab!! I am all ready for travel posts. Let me live through you! :D Fun!

the epic rat  – (7 januari 2012 om 16:34)  

Love the new bloggy look :)

I am so jealous of your travel abroad plans - and I hope it lives up to expectations! You better share some awesome pictures of food, places, people, etc :D

Nina  – (8 januari 2012 om 06:16)  

@All: Thank you so much. Today I just started a little big of packing & omg, I need to take a second suitcase with me. So much shoes. lol. :)

@booksntea: You mean which history subjects? The teacher e-mailed me and said that I probably will be teaching about World War II etc. :)

Beth S.  – (8 januari 2012 om 06:30)  

How exciting! Living in paradise for 5 months is a pretty good deal. :)

Beth S.  – (8 januari 2012 om 06:32)  

BTW, for whatever reason it won't let me reply to one of your previous posts so I just have to tell you that I think Russian is a beautiful language too. I've always thought I was crazy for thinking that but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Russia is #1 at the top of my Bucket List. I want to go there so bad!

Nina  – (8 januari 2012 om 07:56)  

@Beth S.: Yay, another person that loves the Russian language! Me too! I want to visit that country too. Hopefully one day we will!

wdebo  – (9 januari 2012 om 12:35)  

Wow! That sounds just so amazing! (I wish we had cool internships/study abroads like that for Human Phys students at our school.....) Have fun! =]

Nina  – (10 januari 2012 om 12:16)  

@wdebo: Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. So, so excited. :) You can always travel when you are done with your study. ;)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (10 januari 2012 om 17:25)  

Oh sweetie, this is amazing! Congrats. I do hope you have an amazing time, well who am I kidding, you will have an amazing time! Do share some stunning photos with us. :)

Nina  – (11 januari 2012 om 02:55)  

@Melissa: I will share pictures, promis. Thank you for being so excited for me. :)

YA Book Queen  – (11 januari 2012 om 09:08)  

How cool, Nina! I'll definitely be looking forward to reading your travel posts :)

Nina  – (12 januari 2012 om 05:00)  

@Ya Book Queen: :) I'm looking forward to it myself too.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP