Bye, bye January!

Reading:

My goals for January were to read at least one book from my to be read pile & change the layout of my blog. I managed to do both things & I can cross them off my list. Yay! I read Need So Beautiful & Love Letters II. Both two fabulous reads. I also finished reading The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan. I loved all of these books, but if I had to choose my absolute favourite it would be Need So Beautifull. I managed to read these books, because I was sick and decided to do a kind of little read-a-thon over the weekend. See, being sick has some benefits.

Travelling:

This month I needed to buy everything I need for my stay abroad. So, last week I went shopping with my sister & bought everything I needed. I’m now almost broke, just kidding, most of the stuff I need I already bought in November/December 2011, but I needed some small stuff that I forgot. I already packed one suitcase & decided to bring another one with me. I just have too many shoes. Too many! I just hope I don’t forget anything.

Life:

I needed to be more organized in January. I love making lists, but when things can’t get crossed off I feel anxious & I forget about the list or throw it away. I know! I wanted to be more organized by having a daily planner and using it everyday. But, I didn’t get one & I lost the lists I made. Last week I did made a list of the things I needed to do, finished & get for my internship. So, it can be crossed of, but I really want to be more organised in February too…so it stays.

Another goal was getting a new haircut & Friday I went and the hairdresser changed it. It now looks like this. Yay!

The two toughest goals this month were changing my morning routine & eating breakfast everyday. On days I didn’t had school, I woke up at 9 or 10. I didn’t eat breakfast everyday, but I did drink tea or orange juice when I woke up. I can cross of those two goals for the month January. It is still important to eat breakfast everyday, but I think drinking tea or some fresh juice is a great option (for me) if you get nauseas eating in the morning. I’m going to stick with this, fresh juice, in February & hopefully it will become a routine!

So, it looks like this:
1. Be more organized.
2. Buy everything I need for my stay abroad.
3. Change the layout of my blog.
4. Get a new haircut.
5. Read at least one book from my tbr pile.
6. Change my morning routine.
7. Eat breakfast everyday!

Goals for February are: 1. Be more organized, 2. Every Friday write an e-mail (weekly update) to my best friend, 3. dress up and walk in high heels ( I count this one as one goal) & 4. be positive. 5. visit my grandmother (She lives in Curacao), 6. write everyday in my travel diary & 7. take loads of pictures (Take my camera with me everyday).

GABY  – (29 januari 2012 om 05:01)  

I'm sure you are going to have so much fun in Curacao! A lot of people goes there to buy clothes, so maybe you will need another suitcase, hehe.

About being more organized, I really recommend a planner. It makes my life so much easier, specially since I started working. Anyway, I hope you find your own way to be organized :P

Nina  – (29 januari 2012 om 05:23)  

@Gaby: I already have two and they are pretty full. They are so heavy I probably need someone to help me lift them up. ;)

Thank you for your recommendation! I really want one and probably am going to get one in Curacao. I need to be more organized. I just have too. ;)

Alyssa Kirk  – (29 januari 2012 om 09:44)  

Hey, I just made a goal to visit my grandma more often too! Weird coincidence. Congrats on getting 6/7 of our goals done! Let me know how you get organized. I've been trying to stick to a daily schedule I wrote down, but I'm interested in what other people use.

the epic rat  – (29 januari 2012 om 17:31)  

YES, YOU CAN *DO* IT :D

I love your list of goals - I feel like 2012 is the year where CHANGE is inevitable, and I am totally on the same wavelength. I may not be traveling, but I have secret plans in the works :)

Congrats on accomplishing your January goals! :)

Nina  – (30 januari 2012 om 05:50)  

@Alyssa: Daily schedule is a great way to remember the goals you have written down & if you can cross them out. ;) I really need to make time to visit her. Have fun visiting her!

@the epic rat: Thank you! Let's hope I can do the same with the goals for February. Ooh, what are your secret plans? Not at all curious here. ;)

YA Book Queen  – (30 januari 2012 om 07:40)  

I'm right there with you on #1 :)

Best of luck with your goals for February!

Jenny  – (30 januari 2012 om 07:48)  

Be more organized is an ongoing goal with me as well Nina! It's hard for me to ever truly cross that one off the list, it seems like there's always something more I could do to be even more organized:) Have fun visiting your grandmother!

Nina  – (30 januari 2012 om 08:17)  

@YA Book Queen: Together we will work on it. :)

@Jenny: I totally agree. I really need to be more organized this year (and the next year, lol) Thank you. She probably won't regonize me when I visit her. lol.

Teddyree  – (31 januari 2012 om 16:37)  

Well done on ticking off most of your January goals. Number 1 is a perpetual work in progress for me, I write lists and lose them, bought a diary and forget to take it with me, put reminders in my phone and ipad and still miss or forget things LOL.

I'm doing a photo challenge this year taking a daily photo for 365 days so I like your photo goal. Love your new hair style too :)

Have an awesome time abroad!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP