The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Title: The Dead-Tossed Waves
Written by: Carrie Ryan
Released date: March, 2010
Pages: 407
Source: Bought

My feelings:



Description:
Gabry lives a quiet life. As safe a life as is possible in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, in a world teeming with the dead, who constantly hunger for those still living. She’s content on her side of the Barrier, happy to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. But there are threats the Barrier cannot hold back. Threats like the secrets Gabry’s mother thought she left behind when she escaped from the Sisterhood and the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Like the cult of religious zealots who worship the dead. Like the stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry. And suddenly, everything is changing. One reckless moment, and half of Gabry’s generation is dead, the other half imprisoned. Now Gabry only knows one thing: she must face the forest of her mother’s past in order to save herself and the one she loves.

My Review:
After reading and falling in love with the Forest of Hands and Teeth, I immediately bought a copy of the companion novel. I wanted to read it when I would do a zombie month, but seriously I couldn’t wait.

First of all let me say that I could relate more to Mary in the first book. She always wanted more out of her live and nobody could stop her in her journey to find the ocean. Yes, she was selfish, but sometimes you have to be. Gabry isn’t like her mother. She thinks more about her actions and the consequences. A likeable character, who for me could have used more *balls*.

I loved the plot. It gave me answers to the questions I had at the end of the Forest of Hands and Teeth. It also gave me chills and a lot of moments where I couldn’t rest my eyes, because I needed to read all of it straight away. I love the twists and turns that I didn’t expected. The love triangle was awesome. Yes, this one people, worked out great.

This series is the best zombies series ever and you should check these books out. Don’t read out of order, because you need the first one to get the bigger picture. I cannot wait to read the third and final book in this awesome series.

Let’s hope that Carrie Ryan will write lots and lots of more young adult books and include zombies in them.

The forest of hands and teeth series:
The forest of hands and teeth
The Dead-Tossed Waves
The Dark and Hollow Places

Blodeuedd  – (27 januari 2012 om 09:15)  

I did want to read it but then I saw that the girl from book 1 was not the lead, a bit disappointed there

Blueicegal ♥  – (27 januari 2012 om 09:22)  

i haven't read the series, although it's raved about. I love the layout Nina, and THE HEADING. So lovely. It's been a while hasn't it. Hope you've been reading some awesome books :)

Blueicegal ♥  – (27 januari 2012 om 09:22)  

i haven't read the series, although it's raved about. I love the layout Nina, and THE HEADING. So lovely. It's been a while hasn't it. Hope you've been reading some awesome books :)

Nina  – (27 januari 2012 om 10:16)  

@Blodeuedd: Oh no! It's such a great book, you should really give it a try! :)

@Blueicegal: thank you! No problemo! Actually, I have read some awesome books, but not a lot. *Sad face*

GABY  – (27 januari 2012 om 12:55)  

I also loved the first book, but still have to read this one (I don't know why I haven't!). I'm excited because you said it answers some questions that probably I also had after finishing the first book.

Lisa  – (27 januari 2012 om 12:58)  

I wasn't a huge fan of the first book, but I'm glad to hear you like both it and the sequel.

I loved the line in your review where you said that Mary was selfish, but sometimes you have to be. I never thought of it that way, I only thought of Mary as selfish, but you are right that at times you have to look out for yourself.

TheBookHour  – (27 januari 2012 om 16:19)  

I really need to read Carrie Ryan, I've heard such great things! But zombie books seem... hum. Although I really enjoyed Dead Beautiful (totally didn't think it was a zombie book until I was 1/2 way through... lol).

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 januari 2012 om 16:28)  

I've been wanting to read this one. I wouldn't have waited either. Heh... but I love that you mention she needs more balls. Have to read this one now! LOL

Kelsey  – (28 januari 2012 om 14:05)  

This series sounds great and I've heard so many good things. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'll have to bump it up in my TBR!

the epic rat  – (28 januari 2012 om 20:57)  

I stopped at Book 1, but I think I have 2 & 3 on my shelf! I don't know why I have been putting it off for so long! Your review makes me want to fix this ASAP :)

Hope you are ready for your new home :) Safe journey!

YA Book Queen  – (30 januari 2012 om 07:38)  

Gabry was a bit frustrating at times with her timidness, but this book was still great. The zombies are so freaky!

Fabulous review!

Niii  – (7 februari 2012 om 18:59)  

i've heard so many good things about this series,i'm really exciting!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP