Hiatus is over! (Yay!)

So here it is, my new layout. The header is not temporary, but it will do for now. I like it. As you can tell there are some new features that I’m going to do and a new archive. Hopefully you can find the books I read and my travel posts much easier than before. Hooray!

In 2012 I want to start with something new. Beside book reviews and book related posts, I want to tell you more about the places I visited and the places I’m going to visit in 2012. I want to talk more about my travels. I also want the blog to be a little more personal. Don’t worry, I love to read and that’s never going to change. But from now on you probably will see a lot of personal and travel posts from January till June and from June till December a lot of reading posts. From then I will be catching up with books that I desperately want and need to read. Tomorrow I will let you know what the reason for this is going to be.

What also new is that at the end of each month I will write a post about what I have done and what I have read. The post will be about looking back and see if I reached all my goals. It will be one post, that’s going to be divided in three parts: read, travelled & life. Because I’m going to start this at the end of January, my goals for this month are written below.

My goals for January are:
1. Be more organized. I need to get a daily planner for 2012 & start using it every day.

2. Buy everything I need for my stay abroad. (What?) Tomorrow I will let you know more about it! But let me tell you it’s going to be awesome! Maybe even EPIC!

3. Change the layout of my blog. It’s time to change the look of my blog again and I want to do more with it. Let’s say, a little bit more about my other addiction.

4. Get a new haircut. My hair is so long, I need to get a haircut. And why not start the new year with a new hairstyle. I’m going on the 24th of January! So, so excited.

5. Read at least one book from my tbr pile. Okay, so I know that I just can’t finish all the books that are on my to be read pile. Two weeks ago I wanted to do a little read-a-thon, but unfortunately with all the new year preparations I only managed to read one book. I just want to read at least one book from that pile. I already started three books, but I’m not sure if I can finish them all. I do hope so, but one is my goal for January. I can do this, right?

6. Change my morning routine. Wake up at 8.30 on the days that I’m free, shower, eat breakfast & take my vitamins. I seriously need to stop sleeping in on days that I’m free.

7. Eat breakfast everyday! This is so important and I never have done it in my life.
I should start eating bread or some cereal in the morning.

Do you write goals for yourself? And of course are you liking the change?

GABY  – (6 januari 2012 om 06:46)  

Cool layout!

I always write goals, I feel like if I don't write them I won't do them. Good luck with yours!

Nina  – (6 januari 2012 om 07:33)  

@Gaby: Thank you! :) Me too & I always forget them at some point. :)

....Petty Witter  – (6 januari 2012 om 07:42)  

Some great goals - I think I'll join you in promising to eat breakfast every day. Oh and I'm loving the new header, very cute.

Nina  – (6 januari 2012 om 08:00)  

@Petty Witter: Thank you! :) I'm glad you are liking it. Yeah, I think that one is the hardest one to too. But we can do it, right? :)

(: Isa :)  – (6 januari 2012 om 08:54)  

Breakfast is VERY important Nina :) My mom wouldn't let me go to school if I didn't eat breakfast when I was younger. Lol! I always disliked goal-writing when we were forced to in school, but now I can see the merits of actually organizing stuff beforehand :) I need a haircut too, but I'm not a big fan of radical change. Maybe I will get a trim hahaha. And I am really looking forward to reading your travel posts! Sounds like a great start to the new year!

Nina  – (6 januari 2012 om 09:10)  

@ Isa: So, so true. My mom would always make me warm milk when I would go to school & I loved it. I always get sick when I eat in the morning and it just doesn't taste right. I did ate for a week cereal, but I couldn't stick with it. Hopefully this year I can make a change & start eating something in the morning. Today I started with fruit. :)

Jenny  – (6 januari 2012 om 09:36)  

Yay, welcome back! I love the new layout, it's very clean and easy to read and navigate:) I'm thinking about changing the layout of my blog as well, I think it might be time for a little change:)

Nina  – (6 januari 2012 om 09:46)  

@Jenny: Yay! You should if you want a change. :) I like to change it up a bit every now & then. And it def. was time for me. ;)

Missie  – (6 januari 2012 om 10:02)  

Welcome back, Nina!! And Happy 2012! I love the new look of your blog, especially the new header, even if it is only temporary.

I'm not good about eating breakfast either, mostly because I wake up late for work. I need to make a better effort at doing that.

Good luck with all your goals!

Nina  – (6 januari 2012 om 10:17)  

@Missie: Thank you, I like it too. :)

Lisa  – (6 januari 2012 om 10:25)  

I like the monthly goals instead of the yearly goals. For some reason they seem easier to manage.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (6 januari 2012 om 12:09)  

I know what you mean about sleeping in on your days off. I just got out of bed and checked the clock, and it was 1:30! This has to stop! lol.

Love the new look!

Lauren  – (6 januari 2012 om 12:11)  

Yay! I'm so glad the hiatus is over, and I can't wait to hear more about your travel adventures. Traveling is something I would just love to do when I'm older- it's actually one of my goals in life. :)

Jessica(BookLover)  – (6 januari 2012 om 12:51)  

Yes, I'm loving the change.

I'm a big list-maker and I do write down my goals sometimes, when I know there's a chance I won't lose the list. lol

Can't wait to keep up with your travels.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 januari 2012 om 17:09)  

Looks great! I can't wait to hear more about the abrad stuff! Hope you are loving the haircut.

A Canadian Girl  – (6 januari 2012 om 19:59)  

I love your new layout. Lol, why do you not want to sleep in on the days that you're free? *is curious to know where you're going*

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (6 januari 2012 om 21:21)  

Welcome back! I love the new look!

Are you enjoying A Need So Beautiful? I really loved that one :)

Nina  – (7 januari 2012 om 03:40)  

@Lisa: I agree! I did write goals for the entire year for my blog, but those I split up monthly too. :)

@Natalie: Lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

@Lauren: You should travel a lot & see all the beautiful places that are out there. And you don't have to wait untill your older, you can do it now too. :)

@Jessica: Thank you! I used to forget about my goals too. But now I'm writing them down in a post and blog about them. :) I also am going to write them in a daily planner, which I still need to buy. :)

@Melissa: Yay! Me too. I can't wait.

@A Canadian Girl: Good question, but on those days I still need to do lots of homework or chores and I want to do them in the morning. :)

@Christie: Finished reading that one last night. It was soooooo good. Review is coming next week! :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP