My Addiction to Dramalicious Reads.

I can’t seem to get enough of dramalicious reads. You know those books with a lot of drama in it & kind of remind you of Gossip Girl (TV) or reality shows like The Hills, The City or yes, even The Jersey Shore. The rich girl that loses all her money and becomes a middle class citizen (Oh my!) , the new girl at a preppy boarding school (oh the drama!), the girl that becomes popular in high school after she, herself started a rumour she hooked up with the most popular guy ever (You go girl!). I love these kind of stories! The lesson these girls all have to learn is something precious & at times you can relate to the characters. When I start reading these kind of books I always get swept away and it’s like I’m in the book beside the main character. This year, you can definitely expect a theme month filled with dramalicous reads!

Dramalicious reads I look forward to & can’t wait to get when I’m back in July:

The Disenchantments by Nina Lacour (February, 2012) Colby and Bev have a long-standing pact: graduate, hit the road with Bev’s band, and then spend the year wandering around Europe. But moments after the tour kicks off, Bev makes a shocking announcement: she’s abandoning their plans—and Colby—to go her own way in the fall. But the show must go on and The Disenchantments weave through the Pacific Northwest, playing in small towns and dingy venues, while roadie-Colby struggles to deal with Bev’s already-growing distance and the most important question of all: what’s next?

The List by Siobhan Vivian (April, 2012) An intense look at the rules of high school attraction — and the price that’s paid for them. It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn’t matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, “pretty” and “ugly.” And it’s also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.

Don’t you wish by Roxanne st. Claire. (July, 2012) Ever wonder what would happen if your mother had married another man and had you...would you still be you? Travel with teen Annie Nutter as she gets transported to a parallel universe where she is gorgeous, rich, popular, and her every wish has come true. Except…perfection has a price. Will she pay it?

& Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig, The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad and many more!

Mimi Valentine  – (22 januari 2012 om 07:03)  

I actually love dramalicious reads too LOL!! x) Especially the new girl at the boarding school thing -- because I've always wanted to go to a boarding school, and the stories are always so complex! It's great! ;)

But oh my gosh, I'm SO excited for the Disenchantments too!! (And look, it's written by another Nina, Nina! :D) And Pretty Crooked was one of my favourite reads of the year, so it's DEFINITELY worth being on your list! :) Looooooooved it! <3

GABY  – (22 januari 2012 om 07:14)  

Ohh Don't You Wish sounds good! I'll have to read your previous post about recommendations, I'm not really familiar with this kind of books.

YA Book Queen  – (22 januari 2012 om 07:37)  

Dramalicious reads are such fun :)

I'm so looking forward to The Disenchantments too!

Maria  – (22 januari 2012 om 07:38)  

Great list! I really want to read Pretty Crooked - the book sounds so good can't wait to get a copy! :)

Nina  – (22 januari 2012 om 09:31)  

@Mimi: One of the reasons why I love it. hahha...lol. ;)

@Gaby: Dramalicious reads are fun! Def. check them out. I'm sure you will read one that's going to be your favourite dramalicious reads.

@Juju: lol. ;)

@Ya Book Queen: I can't wait. Loving the cover. That t-shirt is so cool.

@Maria: Me too! That cover is fantastic.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (22 januari 2012 om 09:42)  

Both of these covers are gorgeous! They definitely caught my attention!

Nina  – (22 januari 2012 om 09:43)  

@Natalie: Indeed, gorgeous!!! I ADORE these covers.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (22 januari 2012 om 10:37)  

I can't wait for The Disenchantments. Sounds so fun!

Lisa  – (22 januari 2012 om 19:09)  

It depends on my mood, but sometimes I do love a great dramalicious read. BTW love the word dramalicious!!!

A Canadian Girl  – (22 januari 2012 om 19:22)  

I'm looking forward to Pretty Crooked, The Disenchantments and Don't You Wish too!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 januari 2012 om 14:48)  

I am so now connecting you to the word dramalicious! :) Hope you get these!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (23 januari 2012 om 17:51)  

All these are new to me. :) Hope you get them and love them all.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP