My Promise to You!

In 2011 I told a couple of bloggers that I would read the Harry Potter series before the year ended. We are now here in 2012 & I still haven’t touched a single Harry
Potter book. (Shame on me!) I’m not sure why I didn’t read them when they first
came out. But probably it’s because I thought they weren’t that much fun. (Oh,
how wrong am I?) I don’t even have to go out & buy the books, my sister has
the Dutch copies and I can borrow them from her. But I probably have more fun
reading them in English & with these covers. Beautiful.

This promise is for you, everyone who reads this, that I will read the
Harry Potter series this year. I promise that I will read every single book,
all seven of them, before the year ends. I solemnly swear.

Cindy (Oodles of Books)  – (25 januari 2012 om 07:54)  

I can't believe you haven't read them! Good luck :)

....Petty Witter  – (25 januari 2012 om 08:01)  

I think the sheer amount of hype surrounding certain books can put you off reading them, I find myself not reading The Hunger Games series for this very reason.

GABY  – (25 januari 2012 om 09:38)  

I can't believe you haven't read them, but as Petty Witter said, sometimes when there is too much hype around a book I try not to read it. I'm still deciding if I should read The Hunger Games or not...

But seriously, I loved Harry Potter.

(: Isa :)  – (25 januari 2012 om 09:41)  

Yes. Shame, SHAME on you :) I am sure that you will really like them and gush about them and if you don't.......I just don't think that is possible lol. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the series this 2012!

Nina  – (25 januari 2012 om 09:58)  

@Cindy: I know! OMG!

@Petty Witter: I really want to read the Hunger Games too, but you are totally right about the hype around some certain books.

Nina  – (25 januari 2012 om 09:59)  

@Isa: SHAME ON ME! lol. Fingerscrossed I will love the series.

bermudaonion  – (25 januari 2012 om 10:12)  

I think you will like them once you get started.

Nina  – (25 januari 2012 om 10:14)  

@bermudaonion: I hope so!! :) I do love the movies, so I'm sure I will love the books too.

Blodeuedd  – (25 januari 2012 om 12:49)  

Shame on you *shakes head* You better get started now ;=)

Jenny N.  – (25 januari 2012 om 12:50)  

I only read up to book 4 when they first came out but its one series I want to read from beginning to end one day. Good luck!

Nina  – (25 januari 2012 om 12:53)  

@Blodeuedd: Fingers crossed they have the English editions in Curacao & then I will be reading them from February till June. If they have them, that is!

@Jenny N.: Thank you & good luck to you too when you decide to read the other books in the series too. :)

Small Review  – (25 januari 2012 om 13:49)  

Please do read them! I came late to the HP party too. I started reading them after the 6th book came out. Once I started though, I couldn't believe I had waited so long. I think the first three are pretty good, but it's the middle of the fourth book and onward that the series takes itself to the next level.

I hope you have fun reading them! :D

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (25 januari 2012 om 15:50)  

Oh good! They were so much better than the movies!

Jessica(BookLover)  – (25 januari 2012 om 16:17)  

I'm gonna hold you to that. lol
Once you get started you'll probably finish them rather quickly.

booksntea  – (25 januari 2012 om 16:21)  

Do it! Do it! Do it! I think once you get around to picking up the first book, you'll find (hopefully) that you'll have a hard time putting it down.

- Jackie

A Canadian Girl  – (25 januari 2012 om 20:22)  

Oh my gosh! You haven't read Harry Potter? :O Read them ASAP, Nina!

Rebecca  – (26 januari 2012 om 03:02)  

Good luck with reading the Harry Potter books. I hope you enjoy them :)

Mimi Valentine  – (26 januari 2012 om 03:52)  

LOL Nina!!!! That's okay -- I actually haven't read any of the Harry Potter books before either! x) (I haven't even watched any of the movies!) Everyone keeps talking about how amazing they are, yet for some reason I keep putting it off! But seeing you make this goal makes me really want to start them this year too! :)

Good luck with your goal, Nina! I really hope you like them -- I'm definitely going to be reading your reviews! :) <3

Lisa  – (26 januari 2012 om 06:48)  

I hope you enjoy them. I do love these covers. I think I may have to purchase a UK cover set for me as well. Good Luck!

Nina  – (27 januari 2012 om 08:20)  

@Small Review: I'm glad to find out, I'm not the only one who is a bit late with this series. :) I hope I will love them too. :)

@Melissa: Yay! I can't wait, because those movies were awesome.

@Jessica: I really hope so!

@Booksntea: I can't wait to get started. I'm hoping I can get the first book in Curacao. :)

@A Canadian Girl: *looks down & feeling ashamed*

@Rebecca: Me too!

@Mimi Valentine: I know that your comment really shouldn't make me happy, but it does. lol. Yay, for me not being the only one that hasn't read the HP series. Woohoo! We can do it.

@Lisa: lol. These covers are awesome, right? I really like these ones. They make me want to read the books.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (27 januari 2012 om 19:09)  

NINA!!! You BETTER read them by the end of the year, or I will threaten to quit reading your blog! Lol. :)

Sarah  – (28 januari 2012 om 18:57)  

I hope you give yourself the gift of reading these incredible, funny books :) I read the first one in the fourth grade, when I was ten. I hope you enjoy them!

Nina  – (29 januari 2012 om 04:15)  

@Natalie: NOooooooooooooooooooooo! I am def. going to read them NOW. :)

@Sarah: I hope I will enjoy them too. :)

YA Book Queen  – (30 januari 2012 om 07:37)  

Nina!!! You absolutely must read this series! It gets better and better with each book :)

Nina  – (30 januari 2012 om 08:18)  

@YA Book Queen: I know! Good to know they get better with each book. & I will read these books!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP