A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

Title: A Need So Beautiful
Written by: Suzanne Young
Release date: June, 2011
Pages: 267
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.

Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.

My Review:
A Need So Beautiful is one hell of a book and I mean that in a good way. I freaking adored this book.

Charlotte is a young girl, who’s confused, scared and definitely not read to give up on life. I could feel with her and empathize for her. I was connected to her and felt so sad when she find out what it meant to be Forgotten. The relationship Charlotte had with her best friend and boyfriend was so strong and towards the end very emotional.

The plot is easy to follow and is hands down, one of the best I read this year. Yes, I can already say that. It’s unique and I never read anything like this before. Especially the ending. It was sad and unpredictable and even though I cried a bit I still felt satisfied with it.

With an ending that I can’t tell you much about, I’m in desperate need for the second book in this amazing series. What are you waiting for? Go, get a copy.

The second book in the series is:
A Want So Beautiful.

YA Book Queen  – (11 januari 2012 om 09:03)  

I love it when MC's are easy to relate with. It makes the book so much better :)

Great review, Nina!

....Petty Witter  – (11 januari 2012 om 09:46)  

High praise indeed, thanks for a great review, I hope you enjoy part 2 just as much.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (11 januari 2012 om 11:16)  

I've wanted to read this one for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad you enjoyed it!

Jenny N.  – (11 januari 2012 om 12:48)  

I have a copy and it sounds like I need to bump this one up and read it soon :)

Jessica(BookLover)  – (11 januari 2012 om 13:31)  

I almost picked this one up at the library once. Now I wish I had. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (11 januari 2012 om 20:00)  

Yay! This is one of my favorites! So glad you loved it :)

A Canadian Girl  – (12 januari 2012 om 07:50)  

I've heard really good things about this one. The plot sounds unique and the romance sounds great. I like that she seems to have a good relationship with her best friend. Too often in YA, the MC is jealous or using her best friend or vice versa.

Missie  – (12 januari 2012 om 12:31)  

I'd heard of this first book, but I didn't know a follow up was planned. I like how the titles match.

I don't read many stories about Angels, but this one sounds emotionally powerful and I like stories that stir you, so I think I'll have to try it.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 januari 2012 om 15:17)  

I still have this one on my wishlist. I really need to get it off that list and onto the tbr. Sounds so good despite the crying. ;D

Niii  – (12 januari 2012 om 17:35)  

I already added it on my wishlist, can't wait to read!

Great Review Nina!

(: Isa :)  – (16 januari 2012 om 18:50)  

Ah! I've seen this book at Barnes and Noble all the time I go, but never thought much of it. I tend to judge books by their covers. I admit it. So this one never really caught my eye. But this is a stellar review! And it definitely sounds interesting. Hmm :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP