SR: Unlovable, Settling & The Dig

Unlovable by Sherry Gammon
Released date: January, 2011
Pages: 307
Source: Received by Author

My Feelings:



Description:
Port Fare, New York, has fallen into the clutches of true evil. The Dreser brothers have arrived with a scheme to increase drug sales in the area by whatever means possible. Seth Prescott is part of MET (Mobile Enforcement Teams) a branch of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). He's been assigned to work undercover at Port Fare High, and things aren't going very well, until senior Maggie Brown enters the equation. He's harbored a secret crush on her from day one, and now that she is in the center of the case, he's trying to stay clear and objective while walking the line between business and unrequited love.

Maggie is truly the poster child for Heroin Chic, complete with jutting bones and dark-ringed eyes, but is she an addict, or is there another reason for her appearance? She struggles with her feelings for Seth, fearing he is just another person who will eventually let her down, as everyone in her life has done thus far.
Maggie has spent her life caring for her alcoholic mother. A task that has left her heavily burdened and alone. Before long, her mother's health takes a turn for the worst, sending Maggie's life into a tale-spin.

While Seth works relentlessly to inject fear into the dealers and flush them out into the open, Maggie fights to stay alive as the hunt turns deadly. Seth and Maggie's romantic journey is one of humor, heartbreak, and self-discovery.

My Review:
This cover is so creepy & at first I thought it was going to be a story with ghosts involved. Something paranormal. I read the description & immediately knew I had to give this one a try and that I was so wrong about the genre. The characters in this book are amazing, Seth and Maggie are truly made for each other. There was no way that I couldn’t feel sad for Maggie. She has to care for her mother, whose an addict & she abuses Maggie too. The things she said to her daughter were just shocking & I felt sad that Maggie had to go through that each day. Seth was so loveable. You just have to read it to find out for yourself, but he’s one hell of a guy! The story had a lot going on and I couldn’t stop reading it. Emotional, romantic and funny moments!

Settling by Shelley Workinger
Released date: July, 2011
Pages: 242
Source: Received by Author

My Feelings:



Description:
At the beginning of the summer, Clio Kaid was one of a hundred teens brought to a secret Army installation. But it was no ordinary camp and they weren’t ordinary kids…
Picking up where “Solid” left off, Clio and her friends realize that they aren’t ready to go home; they’re determined to stay on campus and continue their journey of self- discovery. But someone doesn’t feel the same way and will do anything to drive them away – even kill.
Friendships will be tested, abilities will evolve, and more secrets will come out as the teens race to stop the killer before he sets his sights on one of them.

My Review:
Settling is how a sequel supposed to be, better than the first book! I really enjoyed reading Settling. The best thing about this book is the friendship all these characters have with each other. Yes, Clio did made some mistakes that were mouth dropping bad, but still she’s likable and I did understand her actions from time to time. Settling is fast paced & when you start reading it you will find out it’s pretty damn hard to put the book down. And wow, Jack, yep, loving him!

The Dig by Audrey Hart
Released date: November, 2011
Pages: 208
Source: Received by Author

My Feelings:



Description:
Zoe Calder has always been an outsider. Stashed away in boarding schools since her parents died, Zoe buries herself in the study of ancient worlds. Her greatest thrill is spending her summers with her archeologist aunt and uncle on digs around the world. And one day, while investigating a newly unearthed temple in Crete, Zoe discovers a luminous artifact that transports her to ancient Greece. As Zoe quickly learns, the Olympian Gods are real, living people—humans with mysterious powers… Powers that Zoe quickly realizes she has come to possess, as well. However, when the people of ancient Greece mistake Zoe for an Olympian, the Gods must restore the balance of the ancient world… No matter what.
Zoe is forced to play a confusing and dangerous game as Hera rallies the gods against her—all except for Zeus, the beautiful, winged young god who risks everything to save her.
Out of time and out of her element, teenager Zoe Calder finds herself in ancient Greece, battling against the power of the Olympians and the vengeance of a scorned goddess—all for the strange and mysterious boy she has come to love.

My Review:
The Dig was a light, easy & very quick read. I love Greek Mythology and therefore when the author contacted me I immediately jumped on the bandwagon. Zoe was a great character and a girl that loves history is a character I LOVE. I loved the relationship and dialogue between Zoe and Zeus, so funny. I couldn’t get enough of Zeus! The story is really cute and I liked it a lot. If you love Greek Mythology, you should get this one!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (8 januari 2012 om 12:48)  

Oh Unlovable does sound interesting. AimeeKay here on the blog reviewed that one. Oh and I'm so glad to hear about Settling. Love when it is better. I also think I need to get Dig. I love Greek Mythology!

Blodeuedd  – (8 januari 2012 om 13:06)  

I know I often miss things, but when did this change happen? Very lovely

YA Book Queen  – (11 januari 2012 om 09:06)  

I'm a huge mythology fan, so I'll definitely be checking out The Dig! Unlovable sounds intriguing too,

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP