Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley

Title: Crush Control
Written by: Jennifer Jabaley
Release date: June, 2011
Pages: 318
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Willow has spent most of her life as her mother's sidekick in a popular Las Vegas hypnotism show. So when she and her mom move back to their sleepy southern hometown to start over, she thinks she's in for a life of quiet normalcy. Except that her new life turns out to be anything but, when she kinda sorta hypnotizes Quinton, the hottest guy on the football team, to fall madly, deeply, head over heels in love with her. But what started out as an innocent way to make her best friend, Max, jealous soon gets way out of hand, and Willow begins to wonder if the mind - and more importantly, the heart - is something you can really control.

My Review:
After reading a couple reviews where bloggers gave high ratings to this book, I decided to give this one a try. And I just love the cover, it’s so fun and colourful.

Willow is a young girl who just wants to fit in and have a boyfriend. I liked Willow a lot and I could connect with her. She’s funny and I liked her voice a lot. I also loved her simple style and that she has frizzy hair. So relatable. Max and Quinton are both awesome characters as well. Max is adorable and Quinton is so sweet (I know, he’s under a spell, but who cares.)

The plot is awesome. The first chapter is laugh out funny and sets the mood for the story. At times I had to slow myself down, because I just wanted to read the whole damn thing in one night. I couldn’t stop reading it. I haven’t read a book where the girl does hypnosis, so I thought this was fun and original. Willow learns a lot from all the crazy stuff she does and she stays true to herself.
Loved the message underneath.

I recommend Crush Control, it’s an entertaining, quick read. Perfect for the summer holidays.

Niii  – (18 februari 2012 om 18:39)  

Hi Nina,
The cover is really fun!
I read 'Lipstick Apology' by the same author but I din't like =x so, I'm not sure if I'm going to read it but thanks for the review! Loved it!

YA Book Queen  – (19 februari 2012 om 08:53)  

I love it when a book compels you to keep reading through the night - those ones are always the best :)

Great review, Nina! It sounds like a fun book to check out,

Missie, The Unread Reader  – (19 februari 2012 om 10:29)  

I don't think I've heard of this book before, but it sounds cute, and like you said, original. I've been looking for something like that. Thanks, Nina. :)

Jenny N.  – (19 februari 2012 om 15:06)  

I'm always in the mood for a fun book and I really liked Crush Control too. I also want to give the author's first book read now.

Cari  – (20 februari 2012 om 07:37)  

I have been wanting to read her first book Lipstick apology forever! I'll have to add this one to my list also. Thanks for the great review.

Kelsey  – (20 februari 2012 om 11:06)  

I've had this, and her debut, on my TBR pile for a long time- it definitely sounds like I need to pick them up! Glad you enjoyed this, Nina!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 februari 2012 om 12:54)  

Sounds perfectly different and love that it has humor. Oh yea.. I'll have to read this one!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP