Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little (this year we're going ANTI-Valentine's Day :P )

The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.

I know! I'm late with this, but hey I'm in Curacao interning and trying to enjoy it. Which seriously is not that hard. lol. I'm very tired & tonight it's carnaval! We probably are going to look on the balcony of our neighbours. They kindly invited us & probably are a bit tipsy..according to the drinks in their hands and the way they look. Oh well...I'll post an update about it later this week or maybe even in the weekend. Have a great weekend & let's begin with the top ten of last Tuesday.

I can’t really think of 10 books that broke my heart a little & that fit’s the Anti-Valentine theme. Maybe it’s because I love happy endings & try not to read books that don’t have them in it. So here are three books that broke my heart:

1. Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel. After all the pain & heartbreak Tita has to go through she can be with the men she loves & then the one thing you don’t want to happen happens. It broke my heart. Water for Chocolate is one of my favourite books.

2. Swift as Desire by Laure Esquivel. The ending is romantic and at the same time very sad. This book really did break my heart.

3. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. This book was sad & I still really enjoyed reading it. Even though the love between Mrs. Ramsay and Mr. Ramsay wasn’t spoken out loud, you could still feel it. When a character dies in this book, I was crying. It was just so sad.

If, I come up with more I will let you know.

Blodeuedd  – (18 februari 2012 om 04:06)  

Happy later Valentine's Day :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (18 februari 2012 om 05:24)  

2 Laura Esquivel's? NICE! :) It's been years since I've read LWFC. I need to change that.

Jenny N.  – (18 februari 2012 om 10:28)  

The only one I've read is Like Water for Chocolate and that was for school so I probably should reread it again.

Nina  – (18 februari 2012 om 15:56)  

@Blodeuedd: Thank you! ;)

@Juju: Def change that. lol. Laura Esquivel is good!

@Jenny N: That is a great book. Def. read it again if you liked it. One of my favourite books. ;)

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (20 februari 2012 om 14:04)  

Have you read Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway? That one definitely broke my heart a bit. Lol.

hmsgofita  – (1 maart 2012 om 20:14)  

I've been wanting to read more Virginia Wolf. I'll have to get to this one, even though it's sad. You need those every once in awhile.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP