Deception by Lee Nichols

Title: Deception
Written by: Lee Nichols
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 310
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
When Emma Vaile's parents leave on mysterious business trip, it gives her the perfect excuse to be a rebellious teen. Throw some parties, get a tattoo (or maybe just a piercing), and enjoy the first few weeks of her junior year. Then her best friend stops talking to her, the cops crash her party, and Emma finds herself in the hands of a new guardian—her college-age "knight in J.Crew armor," Bennett Stern—and on a plane to his museum-like mansion in New England.
After enrolling at Thatcher Academy, Emma settles in by making friends with the popular legacy crowd. But she can't shake the strange visions that are haunting her. She has memories of Thatcher she can't explain, as if she's returning home to a place she's never been. Emma doesn't trust anyone anymore—except maybe Bennett. But he's about to reveal a ghostly secret to Emma. One that will explain the visions . . . and make Emma fear for her life.

One that will explain the visions . . . and make Emma fear for her life.

My Review:
When I was at the airport in England, I was browsing the bookshelves in a little bookstore. When I saw this book, I thought it would be great scary, creepy book to kill my time with. As always I saw another book, bought both of them and didn’t start this one until a few days back.

Emma is a likable character. She’s scared, down to earth and just confused. She’s very relatable too and realistic. What is the deal with Bennet? I have no idea if like him or not. He’s rude and I don’t like that. And why is Emma falling for this guy? Again, no idea. Yes, he’s hot, but that’s it. He just leaves her. I mean, c’mon. Fingers crossed that his attitude is going to change in book two. I just have to mention the three ghosts in the house. They are so sweet and lovable. I just love them.

The plot is great, but I thought it would be much creepier and scarier. I wasn’t scared and there never was a moment I was so freaked out I couldn’t read further. I would have liked the book more, if it was more scarier. Still, it was great. A lot of questions were raised and I still have no idea how to answer them. Betrayal, the sequel, is already in my possession and I’m going to start reading it tonight.

The second book in the series is:
Betrayal.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (15 maart 2012 om 12:21)  

I thought I had this book but then took a second look. Must be the same model or pic on the cover of another book I have.

So, I might have to check this one out. I don't mind not being scared (since I'm a wimp) but you still enjoyed it. Thanks for the rec!

A Canadian Girl  – (15 maart 2012 om 16:27)  

I've heard good things about the plot and Emma but based on reviews, Bennett doesn't sound like a charming guy. Glad you liked this one, Nina.

Mimi Valentine  – (17 maart 2012 om 19:40)  

This cover and description DO kind of have that scary-ominous sort of feel to it! x) And I know what you mean about guys like Bennett -- sometimes those rude guys can be lovable, and sometimes you want to whack them over the side of the head LOL! But he still sounds awesome, and I really want to meet those sweet ghosts! :)

Awesome review, Nina! I hope you like the sequel just as much too! ;) <3

Lisa  – (17 maart 2012 om 21:04)  

I really enjoy characters that I can relate to. It makes the story more real for me.

....Petty Witter  – (19 maart 2012 om 05:54)  

Great review, this is the first time I've seen this particular cover and I have to say its one of my favourite versions.

Frishawn Rasheed  – (26 maart 2012 om 13:55)  

I love your blog. I started following you via Book Blogs.
I would love to have you visit me here: http://wtfareyoureading.blogspot.com/

....Petty Witter  – (2 april 2012 om 08:20)  

Stopping by to say hello, I hope all is well with you.

Nina  – (9 april 2012 om 11:20)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Nina  – (9 april 2012 om 11:21)  
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
Nina  – (28 april 2012 om 11:18)  

@Melissa: Yay! :)

@Mimi Valentine: lol. ;) Def. wanted to that with this character.

@Lisa: Yep, I totally agree.

@Petty Witter: Nice! It is a really cool cover. Creepy.

@Frishawn: Thank you. I will stop by.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP