Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Title: Raised by Wolves
Written by: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 418
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

My Review:
Raised by Wolves is one of the best werewolf books I have read IN MY LIFE.

Bryn is AWESOME. Yes, she is. She has the best come back lines ever and isn’t scared to follow her own path. She’s one tough cookie and you do not want to mess with her. For sure. I loved all of the characters in this book. One of my favourites, besides Bryn, is her guardian Callum. I loved him. He’s fantastic. He’s like Bryn one tough cookie, but he’s loving as well. You just feel the love between him and Bryn when they speak together.

I do have to say that I didn’t feel the *thing* Bryn had with Chase. Yes, I understood it, but I didn’t feel it. I hope that I will feel it in the next book. Fingers crossed.

The plot is filled with secrets, action filled scenes and “sassy” dialogue. I loved Bryn for standing up for who she is and taking control. The pages flew by and in no time I finished the book. I’m looking forward to read the second book in this series. Vampires? No way, it’s all about the werewolves right now.

The second book in the series is:
Trial by Fire.

Jenny  – (7 maart 2012 om 12:58)  

I might need to try this one. I've yet to find a YA werewolf book that was REALLY good. I like the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs but their adult.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 maart 2012 om 16:13)  

Sad that the romance wasn't as good as it could be, but it still sounds like a good book. I've been wanting to read this one for quite a while

BTW, love the header!!

A Canadian Girl  – (8 maart 2012 om 17:14)  

I'm not big on werewolf books but I've heard this one is really good although it doesn't have a lot of romance. Your thoughts pretty much echoed what I've heard, Nina :)

Cindy (Oodles of Books)  – (8 maart 2012 om 20:15)  

Wow, your review makes me want to read this soon! Sounds good :)

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (9 maart 2012 om 18:03)  

I've had this one on my shelf for what seems like forever. My roommate borrowed it from me awhile back and really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping I will as well!

Lily Child  – (10 maart 2012 om 14:35)  

I really need to read this series! People really seem to like it! :)

Jenny  – (12 maart 2012 om 08:45)  

YAY!!! So glad you enjoyed this one too! I absolutely adored it and Bryn:) Callum I find fascinating, I both loved and hated him at the same time, and he just gets more complex in the next book. Can't wait to see what you think of Trial By Fire!

MarjoleinBookBlog  – (13 maart 2012 om 01:22)  

Great review, oh and you are tagged at my blog: http://marjoleinbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/im-tagged.html

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP