Betrayal by Lee Nichols

Title: Betrayal
Written by: Lee Nichols
Release date: March, 2011
Pages: 304
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Emma Vaile is the most powerful ghostkeeper in centuries. Which is great when she's battling the wraith-master Neos, but terrible when she's flirting with fellow ghostkeeper (and soul mate) Bennett. When ghostkeepers fall in love, the weaker one loses all power, and that's not something Bennett can handle. Heartbroken and alone, Emma tries to lose herself in school with fellow ghostkeeper Natalie. When a new team of ghostkeepers arrive-one a snarky teen boy, the other a British scholar-Emma finds solace in training for the battle against Neos. But as the team grows stronger, they are threatened by an unknown force. One they thought was good. As chilling and page-turning as Deception, this sequel will grab readers and hold them to the last page. No one is safe from suspicion as Emma closes in on the traitor.

My Review:
After reading Deception I couldn’t wait to start Betrayal. Deception was a great start to the Haunting Emma series and I couldn’t wait to find out what was in store for Emma.

Emma is still a likeable character. She is much stronger than in the first book and determined to find Neos & destroy it. Bennett is a bit more likable, but unfortunately now he also has lost his mind. Really, what’s wrong with this guy? I know that if he stays with Emma, he’s going to lose his powers, but what he did was just wrong. I love all of the other ghost keepers and together with Emma they are a mighty, strong team.

I liked the plot, but it could have been better. With the word betrayal, you think it’s going to get very deep and someone is going to get hurt by it. But really, it was just fine. Yes, of course there was someone who betrayed Emma’s trust, but I didn’t feel any heartbreak when I find out who it was. There is a lot of suspense and the couple of pages were page turners. Betrayal is a nice follow up, but I’m still hoping that it’s going to get more creepier. Fingers crossed!

The Haunting Emma series:
Deception
Betrayal
Surrender

Small Review  – (9 april 2012 om 12:43)  

Yup, I did not love this one either. It was nice, but I was hoping for more after loving Deception so much. I'm with you in hoping the third book is creepier.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (9 april 2012 om 13:21)  

Hm... Maybe I'll just get the 3rd one with the other 2. Perhaps I'll wait until you review that 3rd one first! :) Still nice to know that Deception was pretty good.

A Canadian Girl  – (10 april 2012 om 07:47)  

Aw, too bad you were a bit disappointed by this one, Nina, but it still sounds like a fun series.

I love, love your new header! It's so cute!

Nina  – (28 april 2012 om 11:15)  

@Small Review: Fingers crossed! :)

@Melissa: I really am looking forward to the third book. I just hope it will be better than the second one.

@A Candadian Girl: Thank you, I love it too. ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP