Bye, bye March!

Reading:

Here I go again, I miss reading young adult books. On Saturday we went to a Dutch bookstore and I bought a ‘local’ children book about Tula (slave in Curacao). The book is written in the language Papiamentu, the language that they talk here. I can understand it, but I cannot talk it fluently, so I thought this is a good way to start practicing it more. Too bad I didn’t find young adult books from the US/UK. One of my goals was to finish True Whit. I didn’t finish it! I know! I’m going to finish it very soon.

Travelling:

In March we went to Sea Aquarium, Westpunt (a lot of beaches) & to the liquor factory.At Sea Aquarium I gave fish to huge turtles and I even petted a flamingo. How cool is that? Loved it. Westpunt was fantastic. We drove there and we spend the whole day there. There is a restaurant called Jaanchie’s & there we ate (I swear) Iguana (not sure if this is the right word, but anyway). It was okay, a bit like beef. We also saw one of the most beautiful beaches on the Island, Large Knip. Such a beautiful beach, blue water and white sand. The liquor factory was nice. A small factory and not a lot to see. We did get the chance to taste two of them. And I have to say, the one with the chocolate flavour was the best.

Life:

Life is fine here in Curacao. You have to take it easy here and just relax, don’t worry because everything will be fine. Loving that! I did do some stuff alone this month, I went to the Mail museum. It was okay. I did saw some beautiful stamps, a couple of really old ones. I also tried local food, pastiche (pastry) with cheese and Iguana. Oh I almost forget and stew. I also made an effort to be more outgoing and say yes more often. I went barbequing with the other students here at one of the students house & we also went together to a disco.

It’s really weird. I mean I don’t miss the Netherlands, but I do miss my friends and family. I also do miss that on Sunday you can’t just get on the train or bus and go somewhere totally different. Everything is closed on Sunday & as you all know by now I’m not a big beach person. I also miss laughing about stupid things with my best friend & just going out together. I’m sad we can’t go to the movie Titanic in 3D together. Seriously we are Titanic fans. So sad. ;) Don’t get me wrong, I love (LOVE) it here and I’m having a fantastic time. But it would be better if everything and everyone I miss was here. Lol.

So nuff talking, let us look at the list:
1. Do stuff alone
2. Be more outgoing
3. Eat local food
4. Visit my grandmother. I did talked to her on the phone a couple of times & I'm going to the church with her (Easter).
5. Finish reading True Whit
6. Make school stuff

Goals for April are:1. Finish the paper I’m working on & make the deadline! 2. Write everyday in my travel diary. This is a goal from February & I’m doing it differently now. The updates/ e-mails I’m sending my bf I’m going to count that as updating the travel diary. The e-mails I’m going to print them out when I’m back and I will make something beautifull of it. 3. Dress up. 4. Go swimming. 5. Eat more healthy.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 april 2012 om 14:54)  

It sounds like you are doing so well!

Go for April! :)

GABY  – (4 april 2012 om 06:32)  

It sounds like you are having a great time :P

Blueicegal ♥  – (6 april 2012 om 12:09)  

it's understandable. It must be tough without your mates and family. It does look like you're keeping yourself busy, though)

And I want to watch titanic in 3d too.

Although none of my mates are fans (i know, SHOCKING!) so doesn't look like it's going to happen :/

have fun Nina! The dressing up and swimming sure sounds lovely :)

Nina  – (9 april 2012 om 11:17)  

@Melissa: Yay for April. ;)

@Gaby: The best, with ups and downs of course. lol. ;) But so far everything has been really great.

@Blueicegal: Me too! I want to watch that movie so bad. That's pretty shocking! WTH! lol. ;) Too bad we couldn't go together. ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP