Generation Dead by Daniel Waters


Title: Generation Dead
Written by:
Daniel Waters
Release date: May, 2008
Pages: 392
Source: Bought

My Feelings:




Description:
Phoebe Kendall is just your typical Goth girl with a crush. She’s strong and silent…and dead.  All over the country, a strange phenomenon is occurring. Some teenagers who die aren't staying dead. But when they come back to life, they are no longer the same. Feared and misunderstood, they are doing their best to blend into a society that doesn’t want them.
The administration at Oakvale High attempts to be more welcoming of the “differently biotic." But the students don’t want to take classes or eat in the cafeteria next to someone who isn’t breathing. And there are no laws that exist to protect the “living impaired” from the people who want them to disappear—for good.
When Phoebe falls for Tommy Williams, the leader of the dead kids, no one can believe it; not her best friend, Margi, and especially not her neighbor, Adam, the star of the football team. Adam has feelings for Phoebe that run much deeper than just friendship; he would do anything for her. But what if protecting Tommy is the one thing that would make her happy?

My Review:
I have a thing with zombie books. A thing? Yes, a thing. I just love them. I can’t get enough of them. So after I got the chance to read and review Passing Strange, yes I read out of order, I needed to get the other two books. Passing Strange was amazing and I hoped that book one and book two would be too.


I couldn’t connect with any of the characters. Phoebe was an okay girl, but she couldn’t make up her mind, which was annoying. Annoying, because it was plain to see who she should be dating. Adam was sweet and I liked him, but if he could have told the girl he has a crush on that he liked her a little bit earlier than the last page, he would be a better character in my eyes. The other characters felt a little flat.

The story is great. It did took me a couple of chapters to really get into it. I liked that the story is original and that the zombies are not those scary ones that we always see on TV. I like that it’s different. There was not a lot of action going on and not a lot of scary moments. Don’t expect creepy moments where the zombies ambush people and eat them. No, this is not that kind of book. It’s still good, but it’s not creepy.


Check out Generation Dead if you want to read a different kind of zombie books without being grossed out. I’m looking forward reading Kiss of Life.


The Generation Dead series:
Generation Dead
Kiss of Life
Passing Strange 

Book Monster  – (1 mei 2012 om 02:53)  

Great review!! I read this a while back. I thought it was well written. However I felt the plot moved to slowly.

Blodeuedd  – (1 mei 2012 om 12:16)  

Oh those zombies, I do wonder how this will turn out

YA Book Queen  – (2 mei 2012 om 08:10)  

Nice review, Nina! I tried reading this one a couple years ago, but I couldn't finish it or (as you said) connect with the characters. Glad to hear that the actual story was good!

Nina  – (2 mei 2012 om 11:50)  

@Book Monster: Yeah, it was a but too slow for me too, but I still really enjoyed it. Just because it's about zombies, yu know. ;) lol.

@Blodeuedd: hihi. ;)

@YA Book Queen: Thank you. The actual story, the plotline, was really good. I can't wait to read the sequal. I have that one at home in the Netherlands. :) Hopefully the characters will get attention as the plotline itself in this book.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP