Rosebush by Michele Jaffe

Title: Rosebush
Written by: Michele Jaffe
Released date: December, 2010
Pages: 326
Source: Bought

My Feelings:




Description:
Instead of celebrating Memorial Day weekend on the Jersey Shore, Jane is in the hospital surrounded by teddy bears, trying to piece together what happened last night. One minute she was at a party, wearing fairy wings and cuddling with her boyfriend. The next, she was lying near-dead in a rosebush after a hit-and-run. Everyone believes it was an accident, despite the phone threats Jane swears were real. But the truth is a thorny thing. As Jane's boyfriend, friends, and admirers come to visit, more memories surface-not just from the party, but from deeper in her past . . . including the night her best friend Bonnie died. With nearly everyone in her life a suspect now, Jane must unravel the mystery before her killer attacks again. Along the way, she's forced to examine the consequences of her life choices in this compulsively readable thriller.

My Review:

At the airport in London I was browsing the bookshelves and my eye caught the gorgeous cover of Rosebush. A couple of hours ago I finished Die for Me and I needed another book to fill those boring hours before I could board on the plane. So of course I bought it and I’m glad I did.

Jane is insecure, lonely and wants to be loved. She’s one of the popular girls and thinks that life couldn’t get any more prettier. At first I couldn’t feel any sympathy for her. She didn’t stand up for herself and I found her a pushover. I found the other characters a bit weird. They were all sketchy and their behaviours very suspicious. But that’s a good thing, after all it’s a mystery book.

I loved the mystery parts in this book. I was blaming everyone for her ‘accident’, and as usually I was wrong. I would be such a bad cop, anyway. There is a lot of suspense and the last few pages are terrifying. Terrifying! There is not much I say about this book, without spoiling the mystery for you, so let's just say: If you love a good mystery book, you should get Rosebush.

Lisa  – (27 april 2012 om 21:12)  

This book sounds really intriguing. I love when I can't figure out "who did it". If the author can keep it a mystery until the end I count that as an great read.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (27 april 2012 om 23:01)  

I agree with what Lisa said above...this book DOES sound very interesting! I love the mystery aspect to it. That's always a plus for me! Glad you enjoyed it, Nina! :)

(: Isa :)  – (28 april 2012 om 07:56)  

Mystery novels are totally my kind of read, but I can never EVER guess the culprit unless it is like spelled out for me. Usually, my opinion is that everyone that isn't the main character is inherently evil and probably did something bad anyway. This sounds like an interesting book, so maybe I shall look it up :)

Nina  – (28 april 2012 om 11:13)  

@Lisa: Me too! I didn't adore it, but still felt that it was a great one to read. ;)

@Isa: With me it's the same. I can't figure it out! Even though somethimes it's plain to see who did it, I'm still second quessing. ;0

@Natalie: I really enjoyed it! ;)

Jenny N.  – (29 april 2012 om 17:28)  

Even the cover looks creepy to me and I can never guess who the killer is either unless its super obvious.

Nina  – (30 april 2012 om 05:58)  

@Jenny N: I love the cover. But maybe it's because I love creepy books. lol. Me too!

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (30 april 2012 om 11:16)  

I've never heard of this one, but I love me some mysteries, so you better believe I'm going to have to add this to my TBR. Wonderful review, Nina!

Hope you've been well!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (30 april 2012 om 12:46)  

"I would be a bad cop anyway". You and me both! LOL

I love it when you find a good book just by accident!

Nina  – (30 april 2012 om 12:56)  

@Melissa: Thank you!! :) I really liked reading this book. Hopefully you will enjoy it too. And thank you for stopping by.

@Melissa: Me too! I hope it happens more often! ;)

YA Book Queen  – (2 mei 2012 om 08:13)  

The mystery in this book was great! I just wish Jane had been a bit more relatable, especially in the beginning. I had a hard time sympathizing with her at first, too.

Great review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP