The truth about you is..


that I really would like to love you, but you are making it so damn hard. Yes, I’m talking about True Whit. The book that was written by Whitney Port. The girl from the reality TV show the Hills & later on the City. I wanted to read this book for a long time now & I decided to take it with me to Curacao. I wanted to read it because I really liked the cover, I like Whitney Port & love her style. I thought this would be a great book to read on the beach, something light and just fun. I brought the book two or three times to the beach with me & failed reading it. It wasn’t bad, but it was just not holding my attention! Then a couple of nights ago I finally decided to tackle it down and I finished reading it! Yes, I finished it.


I really liked the parts about her decorating her apartment with a budget, the pictures of her home and family, the books she reads (Yay!, books!) & her telling about her style and love for fashion. The parts that were boring were the parts where she gave us tips about security (like for example ‘always carry a cell phone!’. Things you already know.), her exercise and eating tips (like I really want to know what she eats all day.)

So it was sometimes a bit meh and sometimes a bit yay! I didn’t loved this book, I just liked it. It could have turned into love if she told us a little bit more about fashion and left the stuff we already know out of it.

Have you read True Whit & what did you think of it? Or do you want to read it? 





Blueicegal ♥  – (10 mei 2012 om 14:30)  

hey Nina! *waves*

i always liked her on the hills. but don't think she appeals to me on the level to read her book. I do think she has great style, so style tips might be nice. like you i would probably 'just like it'.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (10 mei 2012 om 15:40)  

Oh I never saw those shows, but I do like how to decorate on a budget. I'm afraid the rest wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Nina  – (10 mei 2012 om 17:58)  

@Blueicegal: *Waves back* :)
Her style tips were fantastic, but the rest of it was a bit meh. Which really is sad, because it could have been a great/awesome read without those moments. ;)

@Melissa: No, never? Are you sure? ;) Drama filled reality tv shows.

YA Book Queen  – (12 mei 2012 om 13:47)  

I didn't know she wrote a book. It sounds like more of a library-check-out, though.

(she gives tips on security? How weird)

....Petty Witter  – (14 mei 2012 om 08:08)  

Not shows we are familiar with here in England, i love it that you describe this book as sometimes a bit meh, sometimes a bit yay.

Nina  – (11 juni 2012 om 14:03)  

@Ya Book Queen: I know, right. It's so weird that she gives us security tips. And those tips are so old. Everybody knows them...

@Petty Witter:
Thank you. Going to say hi back when I have loads of time and when I'm back to blogging. Thank you for coming by. :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP