Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall

Title: Under the Mesquite
Written by: Guadalupe Garcia McCall
Release date: September, 2011
Pages: 144
Source: Netgalley &
Lee & Low Books

My Feelings:



Description:
Lupita, a budding actor and poet in a close-knit Mexican American immigrant family, comes of age as she struggles with adult responsibilities during her mother's battle with cancer in this young adult novel in verse.

My Review
:
Under the Mesquite is the third verse novel I read & liked. It was such a small, little book that had so much emotions in it that I read it in one day. It’s about Lupita & her family who has to deal with her mother being sick, growing up & letting go.

If I had to pick one thing I loved about this little verse novel it’s the relationship Lupita has with her family. Her father is very encouraging and her mother is how a mother should be, loving.

I can’t really tell you more about this book, other than it’s a emotional book & has beautiful poems in it.

You should read Under the Mesquite, if you like verse novels & contemporary reads. 

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (10 mei 2012 om 13:12)  

i really like this publisher, so i'm sure this is great! Thanks for the review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (10 mei 2012 om 16:32)  

I want this one. I keep hearing how great it is and I love verse.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP