Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Release date: January, 2011
Pages: 398
Source: Bought

My Feelings:




Description:
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My Review:

I didn’t expect that I would adore Across the Universe as much as I did after reading it, but OMG I loved it and want to read it again and again..and again.


First of all, the characters are amazing. I really liked Amy and Elder. Amy is strong, but has her weak moments. Which I could understand, I mean it would be so hard to know that your parents are frozen, but you can’t wake them up. I also liked Harley, but I felt very sad for him. He was so protective of Amy & I loved that he was artistic. The way the story ended for him played like a movie in my head & I almost cried. 

I had an idea about who the person could be who murdered the Frozen ones, but as usual I was wrong. I loved the twists and turns & the ending was mind-blowing. I do have to say that when Eldest told Elder about the *problem* they have, I thought why not wake some frozen people up. Maybe they can help. But maybe that’s just me.

I cannot wait for the sequel and I hope it’s going to be as brilliant as Across the Universe is.
If you are like me, behind on all those awesome 2011 books, put this one on top of your wish list!


The second book in the series is:
A Million Suns

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiners Book Blog)  – (12 juli 2012 om 11:08)  

I enjoyed more than I thought I would too.
Thanks for review.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 juli 2012 om 11:29)  

I liked this one and I'm also curious as to how they are going to go on from this story. I think we both need that second book! :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (12 juli 2012 om 11:52)  

I really enjoyed this book too, but have't gotten around to the sequel. I'm glad you liked it!

Lisa  – (12 juli 2012 om 13:43)  

I loved that alternating view points in this novel. It was interesting to see both side of the story.

Teddyree  – (12 juli 2012 om 15:48)  

I have a copy of this and I'm not sure why I haven't got around to reading it ... your review has just given me a really good reason to change that ... thanks :)

GABY  – (13 juli 2012 om 05:24)  

I loved this one too! I still need to read the sequel but Across The Universe is one of my favorites hehe

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (13 juli 2012 om 05:50)  

Glad you enjoyed this one! It was just an okay read for me so I decided not to continue with the series.

Bookworm1858  – (13 juli 2012 om 07:05)  

I liked this one; not sure if I'll be picking up the sequel though because I'm just not as big a fan of sci-fi as I am of fantasies or paranormal ghost stories.

YA Book Queen  – (15 juli 2012 om 09:52)  

Yay! So, so glad you loved this one. This series is one of my favorites :)

Nina  – (16 juli 2012 om 05:59)  

After reading and loving book two the series is now one of my favourites too. Loved it.

Nina  – (16 juli 2012 om 06:01)  

If you liked this one, def try the sequel. It's better than the first one.

Nina  – (16 juli 2012 om 06:02)  

I read it and adored it. You will adore it too. Go get it girl!!!

Nina  – (16 juli 2012 om 06:04)  

I loved that. It made me read faster and it made it more exciting.

Nina  – (16 juli 2012 om 06:06)  

Ah, but i understand. I havent finished the hush hush or need series, just because the first book didn't wow me.

Nina  – (17 juli 2012 om 02:58)  

@All: Okay, my comment system is appearantly freaking out!

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP