Book Haul July 2012

* Book Haul posts will show you the books I bought and received per month. It also shows you the books that are on my To Be Read pile for that month. 

This is my first book haul in 4,5 months. I know! It’s been too long. I’ve gotten three books for review and I bought three books. 




How to keep a boy as a pet by Diane Messidoro (Thank you Egmont!)
I’m currently reading this book, not that far in, but I am liking it already. Also love the cover. Looks so fun and light hearted, which at the moment it is.

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (Thank you Egmont!)
I can’t wait to start reading this book. It’s historical fiction and I haven’t read a book in this genre for a long time. I think it’s going to be an emotional read.

Breaking The Devil’s Heart by H.A. Goodman (Thank you Goodman!)
After reading Logic of Demon’s I couldn’t say no to review Breaking The Devil’s Heart. The artwork for the cover is gorgeous & it sounds like a really good book.

A Million Suns by Beth Revis
I adored Across the Universe. I seriously loved that book. When I saw the sequel ‘A Milion Suns’ at the bookstore , I knew I had to buy it. Last night I started reading it & yes, I finished it. I was stuck as glue to the pages & I just could not stop. It was that good!

Tempest by Julie Cross
Just because of the time travelling theme & to be honest the awesome cover.

Scored by Lauren McLaughlin
I haven’t heard lots about this book & maybe that’s a good thing. It’s a small book & I just am in love with that cover! Yes, I buy books because of their covers. Lol.

To Be Read July

How to keep a boy as a pet by Diane Messidoro 
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein  
Breaking The Devil’s Heart by H.A. Goodman 
A Million Suns by Beth Revis 
Tempest by Julie Cross 
Scored by Lauren McLaughlin 

Currently I’m reading Scored by Lauren McLaughlin & let’s just say it started at three heart and now, in the middle of the story, it has got one more heart. So from three to four. I hope it stays that way. 

Next I'll be reading A Million Suns by Beth Revis. I've read Across the Universe and loved it. I can't wait to read the sequel. 

Jenny N.  – (2 juli 2012 om 06:51)  

Never heard of How to Keep a Boy as a Pet until now but my first impression of it is that it would be a great fun summer read. Happy reading!

Nina  – (2 juli 2012 om 07:57)  

@Jenny N.: Mine too! So far so good! :)

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (2 juli 2012 om 07:59)  

Nice haul, Nina!

I keep seeing CODE NAME VERITY around, it sounds really good.

Happy reading!

Nina  – (2 juli 2012 om 08:20)  

@Charlotte: Yeah, I saw the book on a lot of blogs too. I hope that means it's a good book. :)

Mimi Valentine  – (2 juli 2012 om 08:33)  

That cover with Code Name Verity is so much prettier than the US version! But most of all, I love love LOVE the title for How to Keep a Boy as a Pet -- it just sounds like such a hilarious read! If you turn that into How to Keep a BOOK Boy as a Pet, then I would be even more on board, although I'm already super-intrigued as it is! x)

Hope you enjoy all of your books, Nina! :) <3

Nina  – (2 juli 2012 om 08:35)  

@Mimi Valentine: lol, hilarious! I would adore that! Seriously! lol. :)

Lisa  – (2 juli 2012 om 08:59)  

I really liked Across the Universe and I was excited about A Million Suns but then I heard something about a cliffhanger so I'm trying to put off reading it for a while.

Nina  – (2 juli 2012 om 09:09)  

@Lisa: Yep, it got a major cliff-hanger. And now I'm sad that I have to wait untill January 2013 to read the third and final book. I feel so sad. BUT, the book was/is great. I loved it. :)

Small Review  – (2 juli 2012 om 09:48)  

Code Name Verity is SOOO emotional. I was pretty much crying straight through the final 50 pages. I loved it. Hope you enjoy!

Nina  – (2 juli 2012 om 10:00)  

@Small Review: Oh wow! I really am looking forward to reading Code Name Verity. I think I will cry too.

Niii  – (2 juli 2012 om 11:13)  

Great Books Nina!! Hope you enjoy everything!

I have 'Across the Universe' but i haven't read it yet!


Last Week I Bought a book recommended by you!(Carrie Pibby)
http://fazparte-ni.blogspot.com.br/



=)

GABY  – (2 juli 2012 om 11:26)  

I need to read A Million Suns by Beth Revis soon. I already have it but I don't know why I haven't just read it, I loved Across the Universe

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (2 juli 2012 om 14:14)  

Oh these look interesting. The pet one looks too funny! I also need to read the Revis second book. I wanna know how the story goes on!

Miss Remmers  – (2 juli 2012 om 16:22)  

Are you loving A Million Suns!?!

Teddyree  – (2 juli 2012 om 19:29)  

So many wondrful books, I've heard awesome things about Code Name Verity, it's on my TBR mountain. Love the cover of Tempest and the title How To Keep A Boy As A Pet ... funny!

Thanks for your well wishes, have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

Nina  – (3 juli 2012 om 01:46)  

@Niii: That's so cool! Yay! You will love/adore the book! It's one of my favourite contemp novels.

@Gaby: You will love the second book. I think it's better than the first one. ;)

@Melissa: You will love it too! I just know it. Only maybe not the cliff-hanger. ;)

@Miss Remmers: ADORING it!

@Teddyree: You are welcome. I agree, that title is hilarious.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP