Dutch Cover Alert


This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads. 



The Netherlands - The United States

The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
Het Heksenalfabet door Caitlin Kittredge


I like love both covers, I really do. They both are fantastic. I love the Dutch cover, it’s beautiful and I get a gothic, dark feeling from it. There are a lot of questions popping up when I look at it. For example: why is she lying there? Is she going to get married? (that dress and bouquet) Is she dead?. Love it. The thing I don’t like about the cover is the title, translated it’s the Witches alfabet. I also love the US cover. The birds in the sky, the beautiful font they used for the title and the girl herself. I like it, but if I had to choose I would pick the Dutch cover.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Nina  – (11 juli 2012 om 04:06)  

@Leanna: It's beautiful, right? :) Love it too.

Christina / Book Addict  – (11 juli 2012 om 04:55)  

Both are awesome, but I am going with the Dutch cover as well!

Jenny  – (11 juli 2012 om 07:14)  

I really love both as well! They both have this pretty, dark feel to them which I think is really eye catching. I love the image used on the Dutch cover, but I like the type on the US one:)

Nina  – (11 juli 2012 om 07:59)  

@JEnny: I like the type on the US one too. It's really cool.

....Petty Witter  – (11 juli 2012 om 08:35)  

My vote goes to the American cover but only because I think it is much more atmospheric.

Lisa  – (11 juli 2012 om 09:38)  

I agree I really like the Dutch cover. It is more interesting. I, however, like the title on the US cover more. The scroll with thorn and the title itself are gorgeous.

Nina  – (11 juli 2012 om 10:06)  

@Petty Witter: I like 'atmospheric'. :)

Blodeuedd  – (11 juli 2012 om 13:10)  

The Dutch one! It's stunning and creepy, it stands oout

Nina  – (12 juli 2012 om 09:29)  

@Blodeuedd: It's indeed creepy. Love creepy covers. ;)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (14 juli 2012 om 13:14)  

Oddly they give me two different vibes. The Dutch makes me think she's choking and the US cover makes me think of zombies for some reason.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP