Book Haul August 2012


Book Haul 

One of my favourite genres is Drama & without even realising almost all the books that I bought to read this month are dramalicous reads. And it isn’t even a theme month. Oh well. The books that I bought are: 


The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
As you can tell from the photo it hasn’t arrived yet. The book got lost in the mail and TBD have send me another one. Still waiting, people!

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Look at that pretty cover. Drama, drama!

From what I remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas
Reminds people of Hangover? I’m in. Both of the movies are hilarious and very entertaining. If the book is like that, I want to read it. And the cover is super cool & very appropriate for the summer.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Sounds like a cute contemporary story.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m going to repeat myself, but in the movie a dwarf is played by Richard Armitage. Nuff said, right?

An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington by Karl Pilkington, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant (For my Around the World feature)
The first three pages were hilarious! Looking forward reading further and to some more laughs.








To Be Read 

Disenchantments, The by Nina LaCour
Selection, The by Kiera Cass
From what I remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Currently I’m reading The Selection by Kiera Cass. I’m enjoying it so far. The first couple of pages weren’t that very exciting. And reading over and over again how the main character is so beautiful made me kind of want to stop reading it, but, I read further and I like it!

Next I will be reading From what I remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas. I can’t wait to start with reading this book. The premise is awesome!

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (5 augustus 2012 om 07:01)  

Ah, reading THE SELECTION, are ya? :) I hope you'll enjoy it!

I re-read THE HOBBIT a few years ago, but I'll have to re-re-read it before the movie comes out!

Great haul, Nina!

Have a lovely day.

Lee @ Rally The Readers  – (5 augustus 2012 om 07:47)  

Nice haul! An Idiot Abroad was one of the funniest TV shows I've ever watched. I really want to read The Hobbit before the movie comes out because I must go see Richard Armitage. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Livvy  – (5 augustus 2012 om 07:49)  

Looks like a great book haul.

I have the selection to read myself.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Hope you enjoy your reading.

Livvy @Nerdy Book Reviews

WinterHaven  – (5 augustus 2012 om 08:08)  

Awesome books week! I really enjoyed The Hobbit and I can't wait to see the movie. I really hope you enjoy everything!! Happy reading!

Jenny  – (5 augustus 2012 om 08:29)  

You got some great books Nina! There was a lot blogger drama surrounding The Selection when it came out, but I really enjoyed that one. It was just a fun read:) I absolutely adored My Life Next Door, definitely one of my favorite contemporary reads this year. Can't wait to see what you think!

Kimberly  – (5 augustus 2012 om 11:14)  

Richard Armitage? No wonder that Dwarf looked so hot! Never would have thought....And that cover for The Hobbit is absolutely gorgeous! I must find myself a copy!

manda-rae  – (5 augustus 2012 om 11:35)  

I've heard good and bad things about The Selection. I still think the cover is gorgeous. And From What I Remember sounds good. You'll have to let me know if it's a must-read. Happy reading!

Thanks for visiting my haul.

Jessica@a GREAT read  – (5 augustus 2012 om 11:59)  

OOh nice! Those are all new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

Here's my STS

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

YA Book Queen  – (5 augustus 2012 om 12:36)  

Hope your copy of The Disenchantments arrives soon, it's a great book! Ooh, and I love that cover for The Hobbit! I really need to reread that one before the movie comes out.

Fabulous books, Nina! Hope you enjoy them all :)

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (5 augustus 2012 om 12:49)  

I have to admit...Richard Armitage as a dwarf is probably going to make me crack up, but I'm still totally excited about the movie!

Sarah@Catching Books  – (5 augustus 2012 om 18:56)  

I really really liked The Selection!! Can't wait to hear what you think about it :)

Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my stacking the shelf post :)

Lisa  – (5 augustus 2012 om 19:16)  

Wow you got some great books! I liked the Selection, but I didn't realize it was the first of a series until the end.

Missie, The Unread Reader  – (5 augustus 2012 om 21:16)  

Ha! Love the cover for An Idiot Abroad. Glad to know it's funny so far! :)

The Bumble Girl  – (5 augustus 2012 om 22:31)  

Sweet pile of books! I love the cover to My Life Next Door, sounds like a good one!
Enjoy your new reads :)

Little Miss Becky  – (5 augustus 2012 om 23:57)  

I loved the Selection! People seem to either love it or hate it, but I really enjoyed it. Need to grab a copy of My Life Next Door---I've heard it's really amazing!

-Ria xo  – (6 augustus 2012 om 04:19)  

The Selection does have a super pretty cover!! And My Life Next Door sounds SO cute, I want to read it SO bad. ❤

I hope you enjoy these awesome looking books. (:

bermudaonion  – (6 augustus 2012 om 05:42)  

Those should keep you busy for a while! An Idiot Abroad really appeals to me.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf  – (6 augustus 2012 om 12:12)  

I'm so curious about The Selection...sounds like it could be so good or so bad reality show!

Thanks for stopping by My Added to the Bookshelf Post!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Lauren  – (7 augustus 2012 om 07:12)  

From What I Remember is seriously so much fun. Be prepared to laugh yourself silly! My Life Next Door is AMAZING as well! You're gonna fall in love with the Garrett family, I just know it. Happy reading! :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (7 augustus 2012 om 17:33)  

Do hope you enjoy all your reads. :) Have a great month.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP