Bye, bye August!


Reading: I adore August. I adore summer & I’m sad it’s almost over. I read three awesome books and one kind of meh, entertaining but nothing spectacular book.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick was a cute, lots of family drama book. I enjoyed it a lot! One of my favourite contemporary reads this year. I say one, because From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas is the BOMB! It’s the most fabulous, epic book I read this year. Hilarious!
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour was the meh book of the month. Lots of drama which I enjoyed, but silly characters. And that’s an understatement. J Still it is entertaining and the cover is one of my favourites!
I also read The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien & The Selection by Kiera Cass. Both awesome books!



Travelling: Earlier this month me and my best friend went to a amusement park called the Efeteling. The Efteling is all about fairy tales and it was beautiful. It has a fairy tale forest which has a numer of well-known fairy tales and fairy tale figures that are depicted by buildings and statues. The statue on the left is Tom Thumb & it's huge. Loved it. 

Life: I didn’t eat more veggies, but I did do a lot of things on my to do list for this summer. A recap will be posted very soon. Also, I went to my first (and maybe) last yoga class. I went with my sister. We both did feel very relaxed after it, but I rather play tennis. Don’t have the time and energy to go to tennis and also to yoga. Nope, not going to happen. But, I’m glad I went because it was a nice change of the routine. 

Goals for the next month are: 1. Eat healthy (Serious Nina!) 2. Bake a cake 3. Clean-up! 4. Be creative. 



That's what I did this month! What did you do and did you have fun? 

Lisa  – (30 augustus 2012 om 08:33)  

I just got From What I Remember from the library. I'm excited to read it.

I used to do yoga and it was lots of fun, but now I would rather do spin class or something. I crave the adrenaline instead of relaxing right now for some reason.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (30 augustus 2012 om 10:03)  

I'm blah about yoga. Too much breathing and mojo for me. I do love the stretches. Perhaps I should try Pilates.

Kelsey  – (30 augustus 2012 om 10:25)  

I LOVED From What I Remember :) It was also one of my favorite contemporary reads this year!

Sabrina  – (30 augustus 2012 om 11:30)  

Sounds like you had a great month. I'm excited to My life next door and From what I remember.

I visited Efteling years ago with my aunt and it was so much fun!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (30 augustus 2012 om 12:21)  

I'm so going to hide in a satchel and travel with you. :)

Well, I hope your cake turns out good. I'm drooling just thinking about it. :)

Nina  – (30 augustus 2012 om 13:32)  

@Sabrina, How fun is that! Hopefully you can visit again someday, because it has lots of new statues in the Fairy Tale Forest.

@Melissa, Anytime! LOL. I hope the cake turns out delicious.

Liesel K Hill  – (30 augustus 2012 om 13:46)  

I read a couple of books and worked a lot, so I don't think I had as much fun as you. I also had to move so it's been kind of stressful. I'm glad you had a good month. Here's to a great September! (I'm going to a writing conference that I'm VERY excited about).

Bookish Brunette  – (30 augustus 2012 om 16:03)  

Oh my gosh! I REALLY need to grab From What I Remember!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (30 augustus 2012 om 17:26)  

Sounds like a relaxing month for you. August wasn't much here, running the kid back and forth from football was about it, along with work. :) Hope September goes amazing for you.

Blodeuedd  – (30 augustus 2012 om 23:52)  

I can't believe it's Sep tomorrow

Nina  – (31 augustus 2012 om 04:45)  

@Blodeuedd: I can't believe it either. I want August back! :)

@Liesel: That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the conference.

Missie, The Unread Reader  – (31 augustus 2012 om 09:43)  

Ha! I didn't notice the dog until you mentioned it.

Glad you got a lot of your to do list done! I did too. Felt great!

Nina  – (31 augustus 2012 om 12:19)  

@Missie: Yeah, it def felt awesome to do those things on the list. Update will be up soon. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP