Dutch Cover Alert


This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands – The United States

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Delilah door Sarah Ockler


Liking, not loving, both of the covers. The Dutch cover is fun, the girl and the boy looking at each other, the email adres and the beautiful house. It makes me think that the story is about them, falling in love and maybe that one of them is rich and the other not. And also that it’s about family troubles. I like the title and font of the Dutch cover. I quess the girl on the cover is Delilah, love that name. I do wish the background colour was different. The blue doesn’t really do anything for me. Also looking a bit longer at the cover, it’s kind of weird that that heads are cut of. Lol. The American cover is also an okay cover for me. Because of that sentence I know it’s about family and maybe that there’s something broken (yeah, the title! Lol). I like it, but I wouldn’t pick it up at the bookstore. Same with the Dutch cover.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Jen Witch  – (22 augustus 2012 om 05:19)  

I think I like the US cover versus the Dutch cover but you are right, neither cover makes me think I need to have the book.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (22 augustus 2012 om 06:55)  

I'm drawn to the sweetness of the Dutch cover.

YA Book Queen  – (22 augustus 2012 om 07:18)  

I'm not really a huge fan of either - I like how the Dutch cover features the house and the characters, but it feels a bit random the way it's set up. The US cover is more symbolic to story...

I guess I'm a bit more in favor of the US cover, but it doesn't WOW me. The book is great, though :)

Lisa  – (22 augustus 2012 om 10:28)  

I'm not loving either one and, like you, I don't think I would pick either of them at a bookstore.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (22 augustus 2012 om 12:04)  

I'm with you. I like but not love either one. So, neither? :)

Blodeuedd  – (22 augustus 2012 om 12:09)  

The Dutch sucks, it looks so homemade so I would go with the US

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (24 augustus 2012 om 13:08)  

I really like the US cover. It tells us more about the theme, and in a more subtle way, I guess...

....Petty Witter  – (25 augustus 2012 om 06:31)  

As you say neither of these covers would inspire me to pick up the book but I think the US cover gets my vote.

Teddyree  – (27 augustus 2012 om 04:33)  

US cover for sure, I actually have that one to read because I loved Twenty Boy Summer :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (28 augustus 2012 om 17:24)  

I have to agree, not in love with either cover, but like Netherlands one better. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP