Dutch Cover Alert


This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Hoe Ik Nu Leef door Meg Rosoff

The Netherlands – The United States

I love the Dutch cover. The font of the title is fun and cutsey. I also love the colourscheme of the cover. It makes me want to grab the book and start reading it. I also love the butterflies and the background of it. The swirls. The cover is simple and I like it. The American cover is nice, but isn’t really eye-catching. Maybe if it wasn’t a close-up of the girl, I would like it, but now I don’t.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (29 augustus 2012 om 08:57)  

I like the face cover. It makes me want to know more. Great post! I always enjoy these.

Eden Uyehara  – (29 augustus 2012 om 09:25)  

I agree. I like the Dutch cover better. :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (29 augustus 2012 om 11:36)  

I'm not a big fan of either cover, but I'm going to go with the Dutch one. Something about the US cover w/ the girl's face doesn't work for me. Thanks for sharing this--I'm with Juju- I enjoy these posts, too!

Blodeuedd  – (29 augustus 2012 om 13:00)  

I guess the US, but neither is very catching to me

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 augustus 2012 om 13:24)  

I love the Dutch cover. Plus, red is eyecatching.

Maria  – (29 augustus 2012 om 15:46)  

The U.S. cover looks like a bad photo has been taken but I really like the Dutch cover! :)

Lauren  – (29 augustus 2012 om 18:20)  

I like both covers a lot in their own ways. The Netherlands version is very subtle but eye catching while the US one is pretty but appears to look like a lot of the books out there now. So I'd probably go with the Netherlands version in the end.

Lisa  – (29 augustus 2012 om 18:20)  

I'm not liking the face on the US cover. Something just seems off about it.

Nina  – (30 augustus 2012 om 07:41)  

@Juju & Christina: Thank you! :) I like doing these posts and that you are liking it means a lot. :)

Krystianna  – (2 september 2012 om 19:44)  

I like the Dutch cover much better as well. I always wondered why they don't just keep the same cover for all over the world! I feel like all the covers besides the U.S. ones are so pretty! There are some certain US covers that I like better though, but not many.

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP