Dutch Cover Alert


This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands - The United States

Hate List by Jennifer Brown
Hate List door Jennifer Brown

Both covers aren’t really eye-catching. I mean, for me they don’t really stand out. When I look at the Dutch cover I think the story is about a girl. And when I look at the American cover I think the story is about a boy and a girl, but that the main character is a boy. Confusing!  That little line ‘I didn’t mean for anyone to die’ is just weird on the cover. It’s very small. It looks like the boy and girl are caught by someone and they don’t look that sorry to me. I do like the placement of the title on the American cover. I don't like the names, in blue, all over the Dutch cover. I just don’t. This time I would choose the American cover.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (8 augustus 2012 om 08:22)  

You're right. Neither are great. I'm leaning towards the US cover. It seems to convey more of a school vibe.

Great share :)

Lisa  – (8 augustus 2012 om 08:25)  

I'm not a fan of either cover but I think the Dutch cover fits the story more. I like the names all over the cover but I'm not a fan of them in blue.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (8 augustus 2012 om 12:12)  

I like the font and placement on the US cover. I like the girl crying on the Dutch cover. I think this one you would have to combine them for me to really like it. :)

Marce  – (8 augustus 2012 om 12:57)  

Great one to discuss. I don't think either are great but I do think the Dutch cover related more to the story.

Teddyree  – (9 augustus 2012 om 02:01)  

I don't like either but I'm going with the Dutch cover :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (9 augustus 2012 om 11:42)  

Not a huge fan of either, but I'm going with the Dutch cover on this one!

Krystianna (Downright Dystopian)  – (9 augustus 2012 om 15:29)  

I think I like the Dutch cover better... mostly because I like the font used for the title! :)

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (10 augustus 2012 om 23:03)  

I'm not a huge fan of both covers either. But I'd pick the US one too, it's less crowded and more eye-catching.

GABY  – (11 augustus 2012 om 13:04)  

I don't really like the covers, but I pick the US cover.

Lauren  – (11 augustus 2012 om 16:21)  

I'm not a big fan of either one as well. The Dutch one just seems overly busy- I don't like all the words over the girls face. The US one is okay, though- probably my fave out of two.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP