From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas

From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas
Release date: May, 2012
Pages: 462
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
KYLIE: MEXICO WHAT? I should be putting the finishing touches on my valedictorian speech. Graduation is TODAY, and is this a wedding band on my finger.

MAX: It all started with Kylie's laptop and a truck full of stolen electronics. Okay, it was kind of hot, the way she broke us out like some chick in an action movie. But now we're stranded in Tijuana. With less than twenty-four hours before graduation. Awesome. 

WILL: Saving Kylie Flores from herself is kind of a full-time occupation. Luckily, I, Will Bixby, was born for the job. And when I found out she was stuck in Mexico with dreamy Max Langston, sure, I agreed to bring their passports across the border -- but there's no reason to rush back home right away. This party is just getting started. 

LILY: I just walked in on my boyfriend, Max Langston, canoodling with Kylie Flores, freak of the century. Still, I can't completely hold it against him. He NEEDS me. It's even clearer now. And I'm not giving him up without a fight.


My Review:
Mover over Carrie Pilby, From What I Remember has now become one of my favourite contemporary novels. That’s harsh, wait I still love you. You’re number two!

I love the characters. All of them. L.O.V.E. Kylie is smart, kind of socially awkward and has big dreams. Huge. Max is a down to earth kind of guy, the popular hot dude with a heart. Will reminded me of Kurt from Glee. Gay and proud of it! Also a bit over the top and hilarious. You got to love that. Lily is the bitch. Yes, I said it.

The plot is one word: AWESOME. From the first page I was sucked in and couldn’t get out of it. I had to read it all and fast. The quotes from different movies at the beginning of each chapter was so much fun & I laughed out loud at that one from Austin Powers. Just hilarous! The book is full of humour, romance, and non-stop adventure. I like!

From What I Remember is a MUST read!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (13 augustus 2012 om 03:32)  

I totally want to read this one. I've been hearing so many good things about it!

Nina  – (13 augustus 2012 om 03:36)  

@Leanna: You will love it! It's such a fun, great book. :)

Lauren  – (13 augustus 2012 om 05:54)  

yay I'm so glad to hear you loved this one as this is one of my favorite books as well! I agree with you about all the characters- I just LOVED them. And the plot was indeed awesome. The way the authors foreshadowed then jumped back had me hooked. Anyhow, great review! :)

Nina  – (13 augustus 2012 om 06:12)  

@Lauren: I'm really glad too that I loved it so much. I loved that we could read everyone's thoughts. Especially Will's. LOL.

Lisa  – (13 augustus 2012 om 09:50)  

I love Contemporary novels and I'm in need of a good one. This sounds perfect. I just requested in from my library.

A Canadian Girl  – (13 augustus 2012 om 11:09)  

I've heard this one is a really fun book so I plan on checking it out soon. I can definitely use some more light contemporaries :)

Nina  – (13 augustus 2012 om 11:52)  

@Lisa: Yay! You will love it. Can't wait to read what you think if it. Enjoy.

Blodeuedd  – (13 augustus 2012 om 12:29)  

Sounds like drama and more drama :D

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (13 augustus 2012 om 14:37)  

Oh I do love the humor. That right there makes me want to check it out. So glad you enjoyed this one!

Sarah@Catching Books  – (13 augustus 2012 om 19:43)  

This book sounds great! I'm in the mood for a good contemporary read and I will be sure to check it out. Great review :)

Small Review  – (16 augustus 2012 om 18:31)  

Wow, this book has so many positive reviews. It seems like I really should have read it when I had the chance. I'll have to keep an eye out for it at the library. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP