My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Release date: June, 2012
Pages: 395
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

My Review:
My Life Next Door is now one of my favourite summer reads. I have nothing but love for this book.
Everything about it, including the awesome cover, is just fabulous.


When I started reading the book I first thought Samantha was a weird chick. I mean who goes on their balcony and observes their neighbours? Seriously, who does that? And then one day Jase climbs her terrace and he’s like al suave about it, like it’s a normal thing to do. At night. Climbing a terrace. Of someone you don’t know. Okay! But, when they started talking to each other and I started to getting to know these characters I really liked them. Loved them actually. Samantha is the privileged child, the girl that has it all, the looks, the brains and the money. Except she doesn’t have what the Garrets family have. A big family that cares for each other. 

Jase, swoon. I like boys that make me swoon. Yes, I do and he is swoon worthy. He’s protective of his family, not judgemental at all (unlike the mother of Samantha!), a hard worker and super sweet. I also liked the Garret family, especially George. He’s so cute, adorable and funny.


There are a lot of sweet moments and a lot of family drama. I liked the romance between Samantha and Jace. They were very cute together. The chapters where they got to know each other and hang out were really fun to read. And because I read it in the summer I loved that the story took place in the summer too. Yay! The secret, the drama around it and the what if’s was really fantastic.

I love My Life Next Door and I look forward to
Huntley Fitzpatrick future work.  

Teddyree  – (27 augustus 2012 om 04:34)  

I'm putting this one straight on my wishlist, wasn't familiar with it until reading your glowing review :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (27 augustus 2012 om 05:51)  

Great review! I loved this book too- definitely one of my favorites of the summer. I thought Samantha was weird in the beginning too and very stalker-like, but she grew on me. And Jase is definitely swoon worthy!

Nina  – (27 augustus 2012 om 06:37)  

@Teddyree: Yay! Hope you'll like it. :)

@Christina: Indeed, very stalker-like. Very weird! But, I'm glad that after a while I got to know her better and she def. grew on me too. :)

Bookworm1858  – (27 augustus 2012 om 06:59)  

This is such a summery book! While not my favorite, I'm glad to hear that you loved it so much.

Nina  – (27 augustus 2012 om 07:57)  

@Bookworm1858: Yes, def. a summery book! Perfect for it.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 augustus 2012 om 12:22)  

Oh I like a swoon-worthy boy. Hm... not much for contemps, but I may have to try this one. It's the swooning that made me more curious. LOL

....Petty Witter  – (28 augustus 2012 om 04:53)  

Not a cover I like, in fact, if I'm being honest it would put me off picking this book up. Still, a great review, it just goes to show I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Nina  – (28 augustus 2012 om 07:09)  

@Melissa: You will adore it. You'll be suprised!

@Petty Witter: Really? I love the cover.

YA Book Queen  – (29 augustus 2012 om 07:34)  

Jase was definitely swoonworthy :)

Fabulous review, I'm glad you loved this one!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP