SR: The Hobbit & Breaking the Devil’s Heart



The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Release date: January, 2012 (New edition)
Pages: 351
Source: Bought 

My Feelings:



Description:
Written for J.R.R. Tolkien’s own children, The Hobbit met with instant critical acclaim when it was first published in 1937. Now recognized as a timeless classic, this introduction to the hobbit Bilbo Baggins, the wizard Gandalf, Gollum, and the spectacular world of Middle-earth recounts of the adventures of a reluctant hero, a powerful and dangerous ring, and the cruel dragon Smaug the Magnificent.

My Review:
The Hobbit is a incredible read! Incredible! After watching the trailer of the Hobbit I needed to read the book first before I saw the movie & OMG I’m so glad I did, because I loved it. Even though the characters lacked depth, I thought they were fantastic. The thing I loved the most were the adventures. They were fun, scary and delightful. The Hobbit is an unforgettable read, that I want to share with everyone I know. I cannot wait to watch this movie & reread The Hobbit again. 




Breaking the Devil’s Heart by H.A. Goodman

Release date: May, 2012
Pages: 352
Source: Author

My Feelings:



Description:
When Stewart and Layla recruit a demon to spy on the Devil, their decision takes them on whirlwind ride through the afterlife. Journey alongside this young couple in H. A. Goodman’s new novel, Breaking the Devil’s Heart, and join forces with a teenage Angel outcast to bankrupt Satan's underground Company and save Heaven from civil war. H. A. Goodman's Breaking the Devil’s Heart is a rollercoaster afterlife experience that tests a young couple's love, their grasp on reality, and the essence of human nature. What happens when Stewart and Layla tour Hell’s Marketing Department and Stock Exchange? What happens when their relationship is tested by Satan? This book is unlike anything you’ve ever read, or ever thought the afterlife might be like. Breaking the Devil’s Heart is an enlightening look into an alternate world, a new afterlife, and a profound journey inside the human conscience.

My Review:
What can I say about this book? There is so much going on and I do not want to give away anything. The first couple of pages I read in the train and I seriously could not stop reading. It was so good. The main characters Stewart and Layla are an incredible team. They both were teachers in the living world and I liked that. Yay, teachers! Unfortunately their lives ended well, tragically. I really liked the flashbacks. I also liked the plot. It was descriptive, fast paced and well researched. All in all, I liked it.  


bermudaonion  – (18 augustus 2012 om 05:00)  

My son loved The Hobbit too. I don't read much fantasy but it seems like a classic I should try.

Nina  – (18 augustus 2012 om 05:03)  

@bermudaonion: It's really a fantastic book. I loved it. :) When you try it, I hope you'll enjoy it too. :)

Blodeuedd  – (18 augustus 2012 om 06:58)  

Truth be told i was pretty meh about the Hobbit

Nina  – (18 augustus 2012 om 07:50)  

@Blodeuedd: Really? Why? :)

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiners Book Blog)  – (18 augustus 2012 om 10:51)  

Glad you enjoyed these. I read the Hobbit in high school and liked it pretty well. A lot of detail though.

Happy reading and have a great week!
What I got

Charlene Cruz  – (18 augustus 2012 om 11:33)  

Oh I love The Hobbit too! I'm so looking forward to the movie, but I'm a little torn about them making it into three films. I'm really impatient and I don't want to have to wait so much to see them! :)

Nina  – (18 augustus 2012 om 11:58)  

@Charlene Cruz: What! Really? I didn't know that. But, now I can see Richard Armitage three times in the cinema. That's a good thing! Hooray! :) LOL

Charlene Cruz  – (18 augustus 2012 om 13:15)  

@Nina Well you have made a VERY important point about Richard Armitage! I think I can find the patience to stand even more time watching him on the big screen. LOL! Now I feel like watching North and South!

Demitria  – (18 augustus 2012 om 16:03)  

The Hobbit is a great read :) Thanks for sharing!


New follower....

http://demitrialunetta.blogspot.com/

Christina / Book Addict  – (19 augustus 2012 om 07:39)  

I'm so glad you liked The Hobbit. It's definitely one of my favorite classics. I taught it last year to 6th graders and we had a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to the movie as well! Great review!

Lizzy  – (19 augustus 2012 om 09:05)  

I still have to read The Hobbit...and I'm running out of time before the movie is released! I hadn't heard of Breaking the Devil's Heart, but it's always good to be sucked into a book :)

....Petty Witter  – (20 augustus 2012 om 07:53)  

Loving The Hobbit cover, it's so sweet.

I also read and enjoyed Breaking The Devil's Heart which is quite unlike anything else I've read.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (21 augustus 2012 om 17:26)  

Sounds like Breaking the Devil's Heart is full and every word worth reading. :) Great to hear. And I do want to get to the Hobbit and all Tolkien books some day. :) Thank you.

Charlotte (The Book on the Hill)  – (24 augustus 2012 om 13:06)  

I need to re-read The Hobbit before the movie comes out! :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP