Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog


The Broke and the Bookish created this weekly feature where bloggers/readers can post their top ten list.

1.    From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer & Valerie Thomas |YA Contemporary
Love this book! Love! I love the characters, the plot (hilarious!) and the setting of the book.

2.    Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner  |YA Contemporary
Love this book too. Why? 1. Carrie is a realistic character, very relatable (at times) 2. The plot is awesome. 3. The story is meaningful. 4. You just need to read it! Read it, people!

3.    All My Friends AreSuperheroes by Andrew Kauffman |Adult
All My Friends Are Superheroes is so sweet! It’s a very short book and I loved every minute of it. Not only is it sweet, it’s heart-breaking and hilarious at the same time! Delightful & quirky!

Quote from the book:
If you arrive at a party and suddenly find yourself completely relaxed, there’s a good chance the Stress Bunny is there.  Blessed with the ability to absorb the stress of everyone in a fifty-foot radius, the Stress Bunny is invited to every party , every outing.

Her power originates from her strict Catholic upbringing.”

4.    Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison |YA Paranormal
I have a lot of favourite series, but this one deserves a place on this list. The story is action-packed, fun (at times hilarious), kick-ass characters (love you Barnabas!) & great dialogue. I highly recommend!

5.    The Forest of Hand andTeeth by Carrie Ryan |YA Horror
This book is so good! The series is fantastic and I haven’t even read the last one! It’s creepy, intense and at times very scary.

6.    Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston |YA Fantasy
Well, hello Sonny. Yep, Sonny is one of my favourite male(boy) book characters. Wondrous Strange series is awesome. The characters are lovable, the romance is so good and sweet & all the books are super entertaining.

7.    Lifted by Wendy Toliver |YA Contemporary
Lifted is all about shoplifting, the thrill you get from it & the downfall of it. One of my favourite teen-issues book. I highly recommend!

8.    Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt |YA Contemporary
Such a cute, dramalicious story!  

9.    A Need So Beautiful Suzanne Young |YA Paranormal
This book has blown me away (Yep!). I was blown away by the concept, the characters 
and the plot. I love this book, I really do.

10.  The ThornthwaiteInheritance by Gareth P. Jones| Middle grade
The Thornthwaite Inheritance is a fun, easy middle grade book. The story is hilarious. Brother and sister are trying to kill each other for a inheritance. I laughed out loud while reading this book. Crazy good!

And Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel |Adult. 

Lori  – (21 augustus 2012 om 03:08)  

I really love Wondrous Strange too! It's definitely my favorite fairy series.
My Top Ten

Katja Weinert  – (21 augustus 2012 om 03:23)  

I like that I've not read any of your top ten yet! half are on my reading list but the other's I've not heard of - am now getting All my Friends are Superheroes, it sounds wonderful.
Katja @ YA's the Word

Christina / Book Addict  – (21 augustus 2012 om 05:53)  

Great list! You have some books on here that I have been meaning to read-- A Need So Beautiful and From What I Remember. I also really liked Sometimes It Happens.

The Housework Can Wait  – (21 augustus 2012 om 07:19)  

I haven't read any of these, but your descriptions made me add a few of them to my TBR! Great list!

Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

b2169dbc-db23-11e1-a7da-000f20980440  – (21 augustus 2012 om 07:28)  

Your quote from All My Friends are Superheroes made me chortle. I don't think there's another word for it.

Beauty Queens is really funny too so def check it out! I have only readThe Forest of Hands and Teeth on yours so now I'm browsing through the rest...

-Mary (My Sisters Bookshelf)

Blueicegal ♥  – (21 augustus 2012 om 07:42)  

hey nina!

gosh. i haven't read any of these. looks like i'll need to look them up. i have always wanted to read the forest of hand and teeth though.

Stepping Out of the Page  – (21 augustus 2012 om 08:08)  

Oh dear... I haven't read ANY of these, I am ashamed of myself. Wonderful choices though, Nina - they all sound great. I will have to make an effort to get my hands on a few of these. :)

Steph @ SteppingOutOfThePage.co.uk

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (21 augustus 2012 om 08:15)  

i keep hearing such awesome things about 'from what i remember'! must read it!

Erica  – (21 augustus 2012 om 09:30)  

I LOVED The Forest of Hands and Teeth - I need to check out some of these others :)

callusedfingers  – (21 augustus 2012 om 10:40)  

I really enjoy Kim Harrison's The Hollows series, and have been meaning to pick up her YA series. Glad to see it made your list!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (21 augustus 2012 om 11:35)  

Ah you have a couple of books listed there I've been wanting to read for like...ever! I really need to get on that and this is pushing me to put those books up higher. Which ones? Kim Harrison, Carrie Ryan and Lesley Livingston books! :)

readingdate  – (21 augustus 2012 om 12:45)  

From What I Remember and Sometimes it Happens are two I look forward to reading. Great list!

Lianne  – (21 augustus 2012 om 20:12)  

Great list! I haven't read any of the books on the list but they sound very interesting =) And I've been meaning to get around to Laura Esquivel's Like Water for Chocolate. One of these days...

Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier! =)

- Li @ rulethewaves.net

Amber  – (22 augustus 2012 om 09:12)  

Wondrous Strange would have totally made my list had I read it while blogging.

Interesting that you added Once Dead, Twice Shy. I read it but never continued on with the series. Have you read the others and are they good?

Awesome list!

elena  – (22 augustus 2012 om 15:06)  

From What I Remember took me by surprise and I ended up enjoying it so much! It was so fun and endearing!

Nina  – (23 augustus 2012 om 07:02)  

@Amber: I read the sequel, but haven't read the third book in the series. The sequel is just as good as the first book. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP