Bewitching by Alex Flinn

Bewitching by Alex Flinn
Release date: February, 2012
Pages: 336
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Bewitching can be a beast. . . .

Once, I put a curse on a beastly and arrogant high school boy. That one turned out all right. Others didn’t.

I go to a new school now—one where no one knows that I should have graduated long ago. I’m not still here because I’m stupid; I just don’t age.

You see, I’m immortal. And I pretty much know everything after hundreds of years—except for when to take my powers and butt out.

I want to help, but things just go awry in ways I could never predict. Like when I tried to free some children from a gingerbread house and ended up being hanged. After I came back from the dead (immortal, remember?), I tried to play matchmaker for a French prince and ended up banished from France forever. And that little mermaid I found in the Titanic lifeboat? I don’t even want to think about it.

Now a girl named Emma needs me. I probably shouldn’t get involved, but her gorgeous stepsister is conniving to the core. I think I have just the thing to fix that girl—and it isn’t an enchanted pumpkin. Although you never know what will happen when I start . . . bewitching.


My Review:
After watching Beastly, I wanted to know more about Kendra. She was the only character I was interested in while watching the movie and I was happy to find out that Bewitching was about her.

I want to tell you all about Kendra, but unfortunately there isn’t much to tell. We only get (short) glimpses to see of her past life as a witch. I wished there was more of this, because I really liked her *flashbacks*. I loved the flashback she has of the Titanic and the Little Mermaid. Those chapters stood out for me!

Emma is the other character in the book. She’s smart, lonely and just want a friend. And because she's  a bit desperate, she kind of accepts the awful things her *evil* stepsister does to her. So sad. I wanted her to stand up for herself and be a little more brave. I couldn’t connect with her or feel any sympathy towards her.


I liked the plot. As I said before: the flashbacks were so much fun and I wanted to read more of that. The story from Emma was interested too. In the end the story went in another direction than I thought it would go and I loved it. The happily ever after was certainly there!

Ps: I do hope that the third book in the Kendra Chronicles is going to be more about Kendra!
& it isn’t necessary to read the first book in the chronicles before you start with Bewitching.

The Kendra chronicles:
Beastly
Bewitching

Sydney  – (10 september 2012 om 04:01)  

Amazing review! I loved Kendra from Beastly, and I'm interested to know more about her. Maybe once I get over the controversy behind this, I'll borrow this from a friend and read it.

Nina  – (10 september 2012 om 09:06)  

@Sydney: Thank you! :) Yeah, def. borrow it and read it! It's such a great story & I'm sure you'll adore it.

The Readdicts  – (10 september 2012 om 09:42)  

I liked Beastly too!I should read Bewitching because I found Kendra interesting too :)
Great review Nina!

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

Nina  – (10 september 2012 om 09:47)  

@The Readdicts: Sorry to dissapoint you, but I didn't liked Beastly. I didn't read the book (it might been better) but the movie sucked! lol. :) Can't wait to hear what you think of Bewitching!! :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (10 september 2012 om 11:46)  

Oh I'm with you... I wanted to know more about Kendra. So, I do think I want to read this one. I also hope the 3rd book is about her. Hm... I think I do want to read this one.

Lisa  – (10 september 2012 om 12:16)  

I really liked Beastly (both the book and the movie) so I'm excited to read this book. I have it but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. After your review I may have to move it up my TBR pile.

Nina  – (10 september 2012 om 12:24)  

@Melissa: Yay! I hope will like it! :)

@Lisa: Woohoo! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book.

Bookish Brunette  – (10 september 2012 om 13:50)  

I really am DYING to read this series... ANYTHING by Alex Flinn really, I've heard awesome things about all her work!

Nina  – (11 september 2012 om 01:55)  

@Bookish Brunette: I've only read this book written by her, but I do want to read more now. The writing was very good! :)

Oh! Paper Pages  – (11 september 2012 om 14:06)  

I have heard the best things about this one! The story is so unique, and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for the recommendation!

SP @ Oh! Paper Pages

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (11 september 2012 om 17:37)  

Good to see you enjoyed this one. :) I saw these on sale on ereader a while back and was so temped to click the button, but all the books already here and trying to save money I didn't. Thanks for the thoughts! I'll have to get them one day. :)

Nina  – (12 september 2012 om 01:58)  

@Oh! Paper Pages: The story is unique! Def! :) Hope you'll enjoy reading it.

@Melissa: Yay! Looking forward to your review when you buy it!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP