Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.



The Netherlands – The United States

The Future of Us by Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler
The Future of Us by Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler


I don’t like the Dutch cover. It looks like the book is a story about the invention of Facebook. About how social media is changing us. It doesn’t look like a YA book, it kind of looks like a grown-up picture book.
 I do like the American cover. It’s cool. When I look at it, I want to own a copy of it. The boy, the girl, the binary code, the awesome font of the title and the placement of it. I think it's awesome! This book stands out! I would pick the American cover.


Would you pick the Dutch or American cover?

Kyanara_night  – (19 september 2012 om 03:28)  

I agree with you. The dutch version is kind of lame! Boring even.
Not a book that would attract my attention when visiting a book store. If I would not have know it was a YA book I would probaly have thought is was some kind of "How does facebook work"kind of book haha.
I do find that dutch publishers sometimes really go way off with their covers when they design one themselves.

Little off topic:
I did not know you are dutch to. haha. It's cool to find a fellow dutch book blogger ;)

Kyanara_night  – (19 september 2012 om 03:28)  

I agree with you. The dutch version is kind of lame! Boring even.
Not a book that would attract my attention when visiting a book store. If I would not have know it was a YA book I would probaly have thought is was some kind of "How does facebook work"kind of book haha.
I do find that dutch publishers sometimes really go way off with their covers when they design one themselves.

Little off topic:
I did not know you are dutch to. haha. It's cool to find a fellow dutch book blogger ;)

Kyanara_night  – (19 september 2012 om 03:28)  

I agree with you. The dutch version is kind of lame! Boring even.
Not a book that would attract my attention when visiting a book store. If I would not have know it was a YA book I would probaly have thought is was some kind of "How does facebook work"kind of book haha.
I do find that dutch publishers sometimes really go way off with their covers when they design one themselves.

Little off topic:
I did not know you are dutch to. haha. It's cool to find a fellow dutch book blogger ;)

Kyanara_night  – (19 september 2012 om 03:29)  

Sorry for the double posts... blogger is acting up :S

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (19 september 2012 om 04:01)  

Eeek! I don't like either cover. I've never liked the US cover for this one, and the Dutch cover isn't great either. The UK cover for this one is my fave!

Christina / Book Addict  – (19 september 2012 om 04:47)  

I am not a big fan of either cover, but I agree, the American one is better. The Dutch one has too much going on!

Katja Weinert  – (19 september 2012 om 05:55)  

I don't like either of the covers! That's a first for me :)

Katja Weinert  – (19 september 2012 om 05:57)  

p.s. thought you might like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19597646
:)

The Readdicts  – (19 september 2012 om 07:11)  

I think I like the American one better too :)They should have worked more on it.

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (19 september 2012 om 07:31)  

I think I prefer the US cover but I do like the Dutch cover. It really connects it to FB.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (19 september 2012 om 08:22)  

i like the US cover better. i think they are both trying for the same effect though.

Michelle  – (19 september 2012 om 08:37)  

Do I need to buy you one when it's released and send it to you?? Just let me know! :D

Lisa  – (19 september 2012 om 08:50)  

I'm definitely a fan of the US cover for this one. I feel like the Dutch cover is just a compilation of pictures and more of an advertisement.

....Petty Witter  – (19 september 2012 om 09:01)  

I also agree with you about the Dutch cover, not that I like the American cover any better.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (19 september 2012 om 13:01)  

US cover. The other is too busy for me. Plus, I'm not a fan of FB. :D

Maria  – (20 september 2012 om 06:32)  

I like the U.S. Edition better the Dutch one looks like a non-fiction book.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP