If you love…

If you love is a new feature on J’adore Happy Endings and be posted once a month. When I’m not reading books, working or doing fun stuff with friends I’m probably curled up on the couch watching a TV show. Every month I will tell you what I’m watching and which two books I recommend if you love the show as well.

Season two is going to start very soon and I’m super excited for it. I want it to start already. The show I’m talking about is Once Upon a Time. The show is about a women, Emma, who comes to Storybrooke, the town where her son she gave up for adoption lives. Everyone who lives in Storybrooke is a fairytale character under a curse. The curse that only the daughter of Snow White can undo to save them. And guess who the daughter is? Yep, Emma. There is so much more to this show than I’m telling you, but you just have to watch it. It’s super entertaining and I love it! It’s one of my favourite TV shows.

Keywords: Fairy-tale, curse, good vs. evil.





If you love Once Upon a Time, you will love...


When Rose Wakes Up by Christopher Golden
A unique spin of Sleeping Beauty. Such great characters, the aunts especially reminded me of the aunts in the movie Practical Magic. Loving, caring and just so considerate. The dreams Rose had were fantastic. Magical!

Impossible by Nancy Werlin
The plot, the characters & the ending is awesome. Gosh, the last two pages put a big, happy smile on my face and really that’s how I like a story to end. And while reading this book the whole time I was picturing the Elfin Knight looking like Richard Armitage. If a story can do that, it always gets bonus points. Lol.

Katja Weinert  – (22 september 2012 om 04:03)  

Great idea,Nina. I've not read any of these books, but I love retellings and am curios about When Rose Wakes Up

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (22 september 2012 om 10:55)  

i love once upon a time! thanks for the tips. i never knew impossible was fairy tale ish.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (22 september 2012 om 11:40)  

I still need to watch Once Upon a Time. I keep missing it. :( Hopefully NetFlix will have it for me.

I still need to read Impossible but I did read Extraordinary. Might have to check out When Rose Wakes!

Sophia  – (22 september 2012 om 19:15)  

I've actually never once seen an episode of Once Upon a Time, but I've heard so many great things about it! The concept sounds so cool. Once I check out an episode, I'll have to check out these books, too. Fabulous post, Nina! :)

Elodie  – (23 september 2012 om 02:47)  

I adore this show and I can't wait for October 1st to watch the first episode of the second season !!! I'm adding these two books to my wishlist ;). Thank you Nina !!

Charlene C  – (23 september 2012 om 03:07)  

I still need to see "Once" but this is a great idea! And I especially love fairy tale retellings so I look forward to checking those two books out! Especially the one with Mr. Richard Elfin Knight Armitage! :)

Lisa  – (23 september 2012 om 09:05)  

Oh...this is a great feature! I love connecting things that are not usually associated with reading to books. Fun!

Krystianna  – (23 september 2012 om 09:47)  

I absolutely love this series! I can't wait for it to finally start up again. :) Only a few days left! I'll be sure to check these out. Thanks for the recommendations. :D

Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Danna (Bananas For Books)  – (23 september 2012 om 10:33)  

I read and loved Impossible but I haven't read When Rose Wakes yet. I started watching Once Upon a Time when it came out, but stopped a couple episodes in. I think I'll have to restart it sometime!

Danna

Nina  – (24 september 2012 om 03:31)  

@Melissa (Books and Things): I haven't read Extraordinary. But, I loved Impossible, so I should try it. ;)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (26 september 2012 om 17:03)  

Oh I'm looking forward to watching it as well. :) Very soon it'll be back. :) And thanks for the books that are close to the same. :) Thank you and here's to season 2!

Nina  – (27 september 2012 om 10:52)  

@Melissa: You're welcome! :) Yeah, I hope season 2 is going to rock! ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP