Love you, Hate you, Miss you by Elizabeth Scott

Love you, Hate you, Miss you by Elizabeth Scott
Release date: May, 2009
Pages: 276
Source: Bought & Won a copy

My Feelings:



Description:
Get this, I'm supposed to be starting a journal about "my journey." Please. I can see it now: "Dear Diary, As I'm set adrift on this crazy sea called "life"" . . . I don't think so.

It's been seventy-five days. Amy's sick of her parents suddenly taking an interest in her.

And she's really sick of people asking her about Julia. Julia's gone now, and she doesn't want to talk about it. They wouldn't get it, anyway. They wouldn't understand what it feels like to have your best friend ripped away from you.

They wouldn't understand what it feels like to know it's your fault.

Amy's shrink thinks it would help to start a diary. Instead, Amy starts writing letters to Julia.

But as she writes letter after letter, she begins to realize that the past wasn't as perfect as she thought it was--and the present deserves a chance too.


My Review:
As you may or may not know (and now do, lol) contemporaries that has to do with serious *teen* issues are not my cup of tea. Occasionally I’ll read a book in this genre, but only if it came highly recommended and it has a topic I’m interested in. Love you, Hate you, Miss you was recommend to me and has been on my shelves for a long while now. So yesterday I decided to finally read it. Love you, Hate you, Miss you is the first and certainly not the last book I’ll read that is written by Elizabeth Scott.

Amy is a young girl who has to deal with the loss of her best friend. She’s sad, angry and feels guilty. She was real and the emotions she’d to go through in the book were realistic too for a girl who loses her best friend the way she did. The other characters were great too. They were all very developed.


The story itself is really emotional. The chapter where Amy and her parents finally talk about what’s going on made me emotional. I almost cried! The switching between past and present makes the story fast-paced and I read the book in one sitting. I couldn’t stop reading.

I highly recommend reading Love you, Hate you, Miss you and I can’t wait to read more from Elizabeth Scott. 

Bookworm1858  – (11 september 2012 om 07:13)  

I'm so glad that you loved this! This isn't my favorite Elizabeth Scott (I prefer the lighter Perfect You) but I've read all of her works and I always like seeing her get more attention in the blogosphere.

bermudaonion  – (11 september 2012 om 09:54)  

Books that make you laugh or cry are well written. This sounds like a good one!

Megan Monell  – (11 september 2012 om 10:21)  

It sounds incredibly interesting. I tend to avoid a lot of those serious issue books, but there are a few that I ended up loving and raving about. I'll definitely have to check this one out.

Lisa  – (11 september 2012 om 10:24)  

I read one book by Elizabeth Scott and it was a very difficult book to read emotionally. Love you, Hate you, Miss you sounds like it is a great book, but I should be prepared with lots of tissues.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (11 september 2012 om 11:23)  

Hm... don't like the crying part, but this one still sounds pretty good. Especially if you loved it so much and yet it wasn't in the genre you normally enjoy. Hm... that makes me pause and want to read this one. Just have the tissues handy...

Joanna  – (11 september 2012 om 11:30)  

I love books about teen issues so this is right up my alley!

Blodeuedd  – (11 september 2012 om 11:48)  

Sounds good :) I really need to read a YA book soon

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (11 september 2012 om 14:07)  

i came so close to buying this one the other day. i am not always a fan of the teen issue books either, glad to hear this one is good.

A Canadian Girl  – (11 september 2012 om 20:51)  

Scott is definitely one of my favourite contemporary authors. You should read Stealing Heaven or Perfect You :)

Teddyree  – (12 september 2012 om 23:58)  

My all time favourite Elizabeth Scott book is Living Dead Girl, it was gutwrenching! I haven't read Love you, Hate you, Miss you but it's on my TBR mountain. So glad you loved it!

Maja  – (17 september 2012 om 06:01)  

Reading this I want to read it too. And the cover is absolutely gorgeous.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP