Saying goodbye to summer 2012

This summer I learned:

  1. That contemporary summer books are best to be read in the summer. Really! 
  2. That my promise to you to read all Harry Potter books before 2012 ends probably is going to be broken. I'm so sorry, but let us be honest. I only have read the first book and I haven't even bought the second book. Maybe I should ask them all for Christmas & read them in two/three weekends. That's a great idea, I should do that! 
  3. That I suck at baking & I'm better at buying and eating cupcakes. 
  4. Being creative takes a lot of time. Time I spend on reading. I know! 

This summer I loved:

  1. The Hobbit. Such an awesome, incredible adventurous book. & oh yeah, Bilbo is one cool dude. 
  2. Catching up with the Pretty Little Liars series! Loved, adore. So many more secrets. Where's Toby & what's the deal with Paige? OMG!
  3. Going to Utrecht & visit amusement park The Efteling
  4. Doing lots of happy dances. 
  5. Giving my best friend the best gift ever. I bought her a doll from Japan. The doll looked very cool!

    I had a great summer, but the only thing that I didn't liked was the weather. So cold. The sun was shining for a a couple of days and then it started to rain and didn't stop. Anyway, I hope you all had a great summer too! & let's hope fall is going to be awesome, with lots of reading time. 

Lisa  – (6 september 2012 om 07:21)  

Contemporary reads are the best in the summer for some reason. It sounds like you had a fun and rewarding summer. That sucks about the weather though. For me it was the hottest summer in history (not to rub it in or anything).

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 september 2012 om 11:31)  

My fave part of your list? Happy dances. YaY! You!! I hope you have many more happy dances in your repertoire.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (6 september 2012 om 12:11)  

Great summer.
I must read TH.
ADORABLE imagine btw.

-Ria xo  – (6 september 2012 om 12:39)  

Summer contemporary books really are the best for Summer! (': Ohmygosh, you need to read all the Harry Potter books! So amazing.<3

I'm so behind on Pretty Little Liars, it's terrible. ): I don't know any good online links, so I may just buy the boxset... Sigh.

Bring on Autumn/Fall 2012!(:

Alexia561  – (6 september 2012 om 18:02)  

Totally agree that summer books are best read in the summer! And love that you did so many happy dances! :)

I got tired of having to buy cupcakes, so learned to bake my own. Not too hard...

You really, really need to read Harry Potter!

Nina  – (7 september 2012 om 07:50)  

@Lisa: OMG! Why didn't you send me some sun??? Why? lol.

@Melissa: Lol! I love happy dances too. Crossing fingers for more to come.

@Juju: I love it too!

@Ria Xo: I know! I should read them. All of them. Shame on me.

Alexia561: Okay, one goal for fall is to bake my own cupcakes! :)

....Petty Witter  – (7 september 2012 om 08:49)  

I don't know summer reads are also great read on a cold wintery day when you can sit back, all snuggly and warm, and imagine its summer.

Nina  – (7 september 2012 om 09:28)  

@Petty Witter: I should try that & come back to you again! :)

Lily Child  – (9 september 2012 om 01:39)  

Cupcakes are delicious! It's been one hot summer over here. I'm ready for some cooler weather!

Katja Weinert  – (9 september 2012 om 08:58)  

Oh, I hope you enjoy the rest of the HP books next year. Your summer sounds pretty lovely in recap :)

Teddyree  – (13 september 2012 om 00:02)  

Cool post, giggling at your cupcake comment. I can't wait for summer to arrive here, it's spring now but I'm sooo looking forward to some warm weather :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP