Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore


Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Release date: July, 2011
Pages: 416
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Amy Goodnight's family is far from normal. She comes from a line of witches, but tries her best to stay far outside the family business. Her summer gig? Ranch-sitting for her aunt with her wacky but beautiful sister. Only the Goodnight Ranch is even less normal than it normally is. Bodies are being discovered, a ghost is on the prowl, and everywhere she turns, the hot neighbor cowboy is in her face.

My Review:
Texas Gothic was an amazing read. It took me a long time to finally get this book, but after reading the first chapter I was hooked.

The characters are great. Everyone of them. Amy is one cool chick. She’s sarcastic, doesn’t want to get involved with magic and very determined. I liked her a lot. Phin, the older sister of Amy, is very smart, beautiful without really knowing it, and is obsessed with experimenting and science. She’s fun, I love the comments she made and the serious tone she had. She didn’t do sarcasm at all. And when Amy told her about flirting, I cracked up. It was super hilarious. And then we have Ben. Swoon. He is the handsome cowboy, snarky and responsible. I want to live on a ranch and get me a cowboy like Ben. Yihaa!

The plot is crazy good. The mystery around the ghost and the murders is very entertaining. I had no idea who the murderer was. The story isn’t very creepy, but just addicting and fun. The dialogue between Ben and Amy or Amy and Phin is great. It’s seriously funny at times. I loved it.


Texas Gothic is a book you should get & read right away! 

....Petty Witter  – (3 september 2012 om 06:44)  

Glad to read this wasn't too creepy as for some reason the title led me to think it would be - perhaps I was subconsciously thinking of Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Marce  – (3 september 2012 om 07:22)  

I should give this one a chance to see if I enjoy since the last was a DNF. Seems you really enjoyed it.

I do like when dialogue is good.

YA Book Queen  – (3 september 2012 om 08:45)  

I like the sound of Ben :)

Great plot, entertaining mystery, fun dialogue...this sounds like a fabulous book. Awesome review!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 september 2012 om 11:30)  

Oh I've been wanting to read this one. So glad you enjoyed it. I may have to move it up the wishlist. Plus, you have snark and a cutie. What's not to like? :D

Cari  – (4 september 2012 om 10:25)  

I have had this on my shelf forever! I have no idea why I haven't read it sooner. Thanks for a great review!

The Vintage Bookworm  – (5 september 2012 om 00:58)  

Ooh, Ben sounds yummy. I've been dying to read this book! I need to check it out next time I go to the library. And it's still one of my favorite covers.

Great review! :D So glad you loved it.

Charlene Cruz  – (5 september 2012 om 11:44)  

This looks really good! And your review has definitely sold it, I'll check it out!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (5 september 2012 om 17:13)  

Oh sounds like a great paranormal read. Thank you! this is one I've not heard of, so glad to hear you loved it and share it with us.

A Canadian Girl  – (5 september 2012 om 21:42)  

I haven't heard of this one but it sounds like a fun mystery. We definitely need more mysteries in YA.

Nina  – (8 september 2012 om 03:26)  

@Petty Witter: lol. No, it's nothing like Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I would be so scared reading that!

@Marce: Yeah, I heard lots of mixed things about her previous book, but this one rocks the house! :)

@Ya Book Queen: I'm sure you will love it too!

@Melissa: Exactly!

@Cari: Thanx! You're welcome. :)

@The Vintage Bookworm: Hope you'll love it too! But, I'm sure you will.

@Charlene: Yay!

@Melissa: You're welcome!

@A Canadian Girl: I agree. And this book is a great one to add to the list.

Kristin  – (11 september 2012 om 08:09)  

I am really interested in this one, I like creepy but not to creepy lol and I love a good mystery great review!

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

Nina  – (11 september 2012 om 10:58)  

@Kirstin: Then you will love this book! :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP